Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Neck Thru Model 6

Hi all,

Does anyone know anything about this guitar (price etc.) Have just seen it for sale and is a fantastic looking guitar. Has a Kahler trem and is finished in bright red and seems to be going fairly cheap. Was built sometime in the 80s but looks in very good condition.

Cheers
    Are you going to bark all day, lil' doggy......or are you gonna bite :ROTF:

Kahler trem would make it a 1986.
    What's you definition of cheap?
    -Rick

Comment

Currently £140

Comment

Yep... that's pretty cheap, but the Kahler always did kill the value on those.
        The 1987 and 1988 Model 6's are worth a lot more because you can fit a real Floyd on them pretty easily.
        -Rick

Comment

Kahler or not...£140 is a STEAL!

Comment

Run, don't walk....

Comment

auction has just finished...went for £255 in the end!

Comment

Still a really good price for a neck-through C/J.

Comment

It's a STEAL. Cheapest M6 I ever saw in the UK went for £350 which is 700 bucks. If this one is in a good state then whoever got it made the deal of the century here in the UK.

Comment

Ahhh the red one on ebay. I looked at it but the trem killed it for me.
                    I got mine cheaper than £350 but then again it is pink (burgundy mist)!
                    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

There was also a red mod. 6 on ebay not long ago, but with a scalloped board... I think it was BIN £250 or something.

someone bought it then another one appeared on ebay the next day... i.e the aforementioned one.

Comment

There was only some minor cosmetic damage on it and a fine tuner screw missing from the trem which I think could have been rectified for next to no money.

Am a bit gutted I missed out to be honest, I did start to put a bid in but was disturbed my the missus who took that precise moment in time to remind me we have just had a baby (moneypit) and was I sure it was what I wanted to be doing !!!! Damn me for not putting my foot down !!!!!!

Comment

Am a bit gutted I missed out to be honest, I did start to put a bid in but was disturbed my the missus who took that precise moment in time to remind me we have just had a baby (moneypit) and was I sure it was what I wanted to be doing !!!! Damn me for not putting my foot down !!!!!!
                          I feel your pain. I got a bonus this year and I told my wife what I wanted to do with it and she told me we had better things to spent it on. I got my guitar while she was sleeping , but she got a dyson 17 with attachments.
                          $900 guitar
                          $650 vacuum

Comment

I bought one of these in the fire crackle color that was in mint condition ( one small ding you can barely see ) and the original hard shell case for $385.00 which was a really good deal. Two of the pickups had been upgraded which was a big plus and a five way switch installed. I had it professionaly set up and it's one of the nicest guitars I've every played. I wouldn't take $1000.00 for it now. These are awsome guitars!

Comment

Kalher means '86 - first year of production - equal of a soloist of the same vintage IMHO(whihc also in many instances came with a kalher). Also, kalher may not be everyone's bag, but unless you really a using the bar also, they are nice trems (I admit that an OFR plays better). Also, the kalher blows away the JT-6 as they will not stand up to the test of time and use (and I can attest to that on personal experience). I had a black one way back whihc I traded for a SD RR. I would probably still have the Model 6 if I was not offered the RR.
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X