No announcement yet.

Double Rhoads V ($4000) vs. King V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Double Rhoads also has a surface mounted Floyd rather than recessed like on a regular KV.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      Dave Linsk's name comes up a lot when there's talk of the Double Rhoads.
      Unfortunately for Dave, he was not in a band that was as commercially successful, so RKC got the glory of having his name attached to it.

Call me nutz, but I'll take glory over obscurity, though I'm sure Dave gets all warm and fuzzy whenever someone mentions his name when the Double Rhoads is brought up.

It's nice to know there are people willing to defend your contribution to the world and not leave you hanging out in the cold. Obscurity is bad enough, but being left out in the cold all alone adds insult to injury.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
        iirc, the wings are 2" longer on a double rhoads. a double rhoads was what the original king Vs were.
        So when did the KVs got smaller?
        '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
        '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
        custom made Les Paul
        VOX Tonelab LE
        Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
        ADA MP1
        BBE 422A
        Lexicon MPX-G2
        ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
        Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Unfortunately for Dave, he was not in a band that was as commercially successful, so RKC got the glory of having his name attached to it.

Call me nutz, but I'll take glory over obscurity, though I'm sure Dave gets all warm and fuzzy whenever someone mentions his name when the Double Rhoads is brought up.

It's nice to know there are people willing to defend your contribution to the world and not leave you hanging out in the cold. Obscurity is bad enough, but being left out in the cold all alone adds insult to injury.
          Still, "King V" has a much better ring to it than "Linsk V".

Comment

True, true. There are things to be thankful for.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Here they are side by side. You can start to see the differences.

Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

oh, and the double rhoads/original king Vs had 22 frets.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That is the shot. Nice.

Comment

Beautiful! Odd that the two cases look to be the same size.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      Beautiful! Odd that the two cases look to be the same size.
                      Nah, that is just because the top of the picture is cut off. The Big red case is huge.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                        The Double Rhoads also has a surface mounted Floyd rather than recessed like on a regular KV.

Er. Sure. My 89 KV does not have a recessed trem. Anything which is a "reissue" or aniversary addition of anything from the 80s will usually have a non-recessed trem.
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by RR05xx View Post
                          Er. Sure. My 89 KV does not have a recessed trem. Anything which is a "reissue" or aniversary addition of anything from the 80s will usually have a non-recessed trem.
                          Well obviously. By regular KV, I should have said KV2!!

Comment

Yes, you should have.
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

yeah, especially when you specify it on the order sheet!

Originally posted by RR05xx View Post
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I've always wanted to go that address on Sunset and...uh...see what's there now.
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X