No announcement yet.

Adrian Smith Signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's sooo cool to see these, big logos as well!!

I'd bet that apart from the colour of the scratchplate and the fingerboard wood, the specs are the same.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks! They were so good that night. Getting to see Iron Maiden in England was something I never thought I'd be able to do... let alone being paid to do it as part of a job!!! Anyone going to the LA or NYC show?

Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
      by the way that was a great link McD.
      \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

If you'll notice on the siamese double neck it still sports the Jackson pickups and sounds killer.I rest my case.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Jackson SHOULD have Maiden sig guitars! Face it, Iron Maiden, after ALL these years, is still one of the most legendary bands touring today. Everyone knows Maiden! Ive heard of maybe 6-8 of the people on the current endorsee list... thats not saying much. Make it and it will sell! Christ, Fender has 4,000,000 signature strats, that all pretty much look the same, and they sell like mad. Could you imagine the sales of IM sig guitars? Im talking full production here, no limited edition BS! Weve had PC's for years in all variations, USA, Custom, two import models... time to cash in on the BIG GUNS!

The PC1's are killer guitars, but lets face it... PC isnt the most legendary player out there. People want a name to go along with the guitar... and that name is Adrian Smith and Dave Murray!
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

You'd have to include Janick Gers though - I doubt Dave and H would allow him to be ignored.
            So Janick's involvement would probably lose you all the sales Dave and Adrian managed to get.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

LOL If anything, Janick should get a Fender signature model - not that anyone would buy it!

Adrian has had an association with Jackson since the mid 80s, and Dave used them for a while in the early 90's so Jackson signature models for them would make sense. However, each guitarists model would be pretty similar I guess...

Comment

why has noone shot janick gers yet? he annys the hell outta me....

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                  LOL If anything, Janick should get a Fender signature model - not that anyone would buy it!

Adrian has had an association with Jackson since the mid 80s, and Dave used them for a while in the early 90's so Jackson signature models for them would make sense. However, each guitarists model would be pretty similar I guess...
                  not really, as adrian mostly uses the bridge pickup, dave uses a neck bucker, and dave and janick mostly use the same pickups - ie hot rails on their strats. adrian has always been different, and given he has been and still is a very high profile jackson player, it makes sense for him to get one dedicated to him, even if it wasn't necessarily a sig model...i don't think i'd mind even if it had a reguar pinty headstock, but i think a jackson strat with/without black scratch plate, h/s floyd like the one above would be a realy good idea. in fact an h/s guitar in general would be good, seeing as the middle pickup is mostly used for blues/ clean sounds by players, and jacksons are generally metal orientated guitars - the mid pickup generally seems a little pointless and a waste of wood to me. fair enff some people may iuse it alot, but i think an h/s model would go well with it, u could just do it like a model 3dr or summat.
                  Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-03-2008, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I would love to see this as well but maybe a new approach is needed. Instead of talking about Jackson should do this maybe we should start a campaign aimed at Adrian. Maybe there would be momentum on this if he initiated it?
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Thats one thing I always wondered about... how does the whole "sig guitar" come about? Does JC initiate it, or does the artist?

From what Ive seen, Id have to speculate that it has nothing to do with the popularity of said artist, because before their sigs came out, I and ALOT of other people never heard of Morton or Bond.
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                        not really, as adrian mostly uses the bridge pickup, dave uses a neck bucker, and dave and janick mostly use the same pickups - ie hot rails on their strats. adrian has always been different, and given he has been and still is a very high profile jackson player, it makes sense for him to get one dedicated to him, even if it wasn't necessarily a sig model...
                        Ok, there are differences, but my point was that bridge pickup aside, Dave and Adrian both use Floyd'd strats with 3 pickups and either maple or rosewood boards. Yes, Dave uses the neck pickup ALOT(!), but it's not like Adrian never uses anything but the bridge.

Janick I believe uses different Duncans to Dave, as Dave's are double rail types, whereas Janick's have the 2 roles of polepieces. And obviously he uses a more traditional strat layout with a v-trem....

Still, I agree, it would make far more sense for Adrian to get a signature Jackson than either Dave or Janick. Maybe Dave should get a Fender model though?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                          Instead of talking about Jackson should do this maybe we should start a campaign aimed at Adrian.
                          Good idea, but does anyone have a clue how to contact him?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                            I would love to see this as well but maybe a new approach is needed. Instead of talking about Jackson should do this maybe we should start a campaign aimed at Adrian. Maybe there would be momentum on this if he initiated it?

good call. in fact, i think one of my old housemates went to school with his son. i sense a little undercover work!!

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                              Good idea, but does anyone have a clue how to contact him?
                              see my answer above

Comment

Well stop wasting time posting here and get on to it Sherlock!

Comment

Working...
                                X