Adrian Smith Signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh no, not THOSE pants again!
    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
      Well stop wasting time posting here and get on to it Sherlock!
      hahah, ok well i've left a message for her asking if she is still in contact with his son, can she ask him to ask ade if he is doing one/ would be interested in doing one as there are a lot of rumors and demand for one....i'm pretty sure its her, in fact i'm sure she told me she'd ben to a house party at his place once...

fingers crossed
      Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-03-2008, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I think Maiden has gone above and beyond letting Janick stay around this long. Time to trim the fat. The 3rd guitar player doesn't bring enough to the table except the rhythm guitar under harmonied solos.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
          Thats one thing I always wondered about... how does the whole "sig guitar" come about? Does JC initiate it, or does the artist?

From what Ive seen, Id have to speculate that it has nothing to do with the popularity of said artist, because before their sigs came out, I and ALOT of other people never heard of Morton or Bond.
          thats an interesting point, but surely in order for the company to initiate it, there has to be some kind of demand in the first place. i also think that, if u look at it one way, an artist is hardly gonna demand to have a sig model the moment he starts playing a company's guitars. he might design an intial guitar which might become poular and be made into a sig model due to demand, i would think

also lamb of god are quite amajor band these days, lots and i mean LOTS of kids listen to them, they've done some BIG shows over here for example

Comment

I would imagine that Morton would have worked with Jackson on the design of his personal guitars, and at the same time LOG were getting bigger, so someone at FMIC put 2 and 2 together and came up with an import signature model. Shame it looks sooooo hideous!
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
              I think Maiden has gone above and beyond letting Janick stay around this long. Time to trim the fat. The 3rd guitar player doesn't bring enough to the table except the rhythm guitar under harmonied solos.
              To be fair to him, he does contribute in terms of songwriting. He's just a really shit guitar player, especially compared to Dave and Adrian.

As for Adrian doing a sig Jackson - isn't he signed up (along with Dave and Gers) to Fender Iron Maiden series strats? It could be possible Fender won't allow any other sig models.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                To be fair to him, he does contribute in terms of songwriting. He's just a really shit guitar player, especially compared to Dave and Adrian.

As for Adrian doing a sig Jackson - isn't he signed up (along with Dave and Gers) to Fender Iron Maiden series strats? It could be possible Fender won't allow any other sig models.

i don't see iron maiden signature strats on the fender website....i think they wer elimited edition

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post

those were in production for a VERY limited time, so it's pretty pointless as sales of the sig guitars now, dont bring fender ANY money
                  You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

UPDATE: it wasn't my housemate, it was her sister, but she will ask her to see if she *might* be able to find out.....

the search continues.....

Comment

Thanks for doing the detective work. Progress is progress.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

The fact that Jannick is still in the band is a testament to level of coolness and brotherhood that camp Maiden doesn't talk about but actually does! He's a great guy, great player and they're loyal. I never saw them live with him and thought it was too much, in fact, I think they pull it off well. Can't wait to see them in LA a few weeks from now! Who's going?
                        \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Still, I agree, it would make far more sense for Adrian to get a signature Jackson than either Dave or Janick. Maybe Dave should get a Fender model though?
                          Dave also was endorsed by ESP in the early '90s and had a few of their custom strats. Would be cool for him to get something by Jackson, but a Fender makes more sense since he's played them from the beginning.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I would imagine that Morton would have worked with Jackson on the design of his personal guitars, and at the same time LOG were getting bigger, so someone at FMIC put 2 and 2 together and came up with an import signature model. Shame it looks sooooo hideous!
                            Mark has played Jacksons for quite awhile (a PS3 Rhoads, an RR5, a Swee-Tone), and he did design his signature model based off of a Swee-Tone. It may look hideous to some, but it is extremely comfortable to play both sitting and standing.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                              The fact that Jannick is still in the band is a testament to level of coolness and brotherhood that camp Maiden doesn't talk about but actually does! He's a great guy, great player and they're loyal. I never saw them live with him and thought it was too much, in fact, I think they pull it off well. Can't wait to see them in LA a few weeks from now! Who's going?
                              While your there do you think you can ask him to get in touch with Jackson to see about doing a signature guitar with them? :ROTF:
                              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

When I just started at Fender is when we did the Maiden Strat & Maiden Bass in limited quantities. I forget the exact amount, but it was pretty low. So low that I didn't even get one, and I've got a ton of Maiden stuff. Steve still plays that Maiden Bass on occassion.
                                \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X