No announcement yet.

Adrian Smith Signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I am the only one, but when I think of Adrian Smith, I think if his Les Paul from the Wrathchild video.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

i do too, to an extent...BUT i also think of him with his white jackson w/ the black guard from the "seventh son" tour....
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post

As far as an Adian Smith signature Jackson... well, I guess the question begs to be asked (or may already have been), is Adrian's Jackson (or Charvel that he played in the Wasted Years video) really that well known?? When your average Iron Maiden fan thinks of Adrian Smith, do they automatically think of the Jacksons that he plays?

honestly no. but Dave's black floyded fender strat with white pickguard and crome floyd fose and pickup bezels is recognized as the Iron Maiden guitar. both dave and adrian always have played many variations of the same guitar.

ash body for dave, alder body for adrian, super distorion bridge, PAF neck. and notice how adrian would often play a flip flopped colour difference from dave's. example: that white jackson with the maple neck and black pickguard and black floyd was Adrian's reverse color to Dave's black Strat with white pickguiard and crome floyd. check out the Maiden Englan VHS from 89.

wouldn't it be nice to see reproduction of Dave's strat under the Charvel name as THE IRON MAIDEN GUITAR. i think it would.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

it would be awesome!!!! they really deserve signature guitars for all the people they have inspired. dave should get a fender model since that is what he has always played (for the most part - he did play the baby blue and the cream ESP and the metallic red jackson, but still). adrian should get a jackson. FMIC has the power to do this. they (obviously) own both companies.....it seems a NO brainer to me. shit, go ahead and give steve harris a USA signature model too.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Steve's signature could be available in metallic blue or white with black outline, the two most famous incarnations of his P-bass

I'd hate to see an "Iron Maiden" signature model. The guys have always played different guitars, why have a sig model that is supposed to represent both guitarists? The Fender IM model was a cool guitar, but it seemed like a Janick sig to me. I know Adrian has used a Charvel, but having an Iron Maiden signature model produced under the Charvel marque makes about as much sense to me.

When I think of Dave, I'll always think of a Strat with 2 'buckers & chrome pickup rings. Adrian, it's the Ibanez Destroyer & the Les Paul he was using when I got my first live Maiden vid, the Live at the Rainbow tape; or the white with black p/g Jackson he used in the late 80s.

Having said that, I was quite smitten by the pearl white with white p/g Jackson he's using on the current tour. If that was his sig Jackson model, I'd be very very happy.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Sure thing.
              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Ok, a Fender Logo on this guitar would make some sense. But, It would be a cool Charvel/ Jackson. Always loved Dave Murray's Black Strat.
                Last edited by dd3keegs; 02-26-2008, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
                  Those Maiden Strats are cool. Troy, from Red Star Guitar, has one. I think he still has it. He is a big Maiden fan, so I doubt he would sell it, even if he wasn't playing it. He had it in the store for awhile. I got to play it & was impressed.
                  Since you mentioned Red Star Guitar, are you from the Fargo Moorhead area? I go to school at NDSU.

Comment

Comment

Cool pic Brian - kind of looks like it had a black headstock, but I assume that's just the lighting!
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Bad lighting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep6GCiPz38c

Comment

Cool - I thought that was an old pic from back in the day!
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                            Bruce is wearing some wildass trousers this tour. Nice return to form.

Comment

Originally posted by marty264 View Post
                              Since you mentioned Red Star Guitar, are you from the Fargo Moorhead area? I go to school at NDSU.
                              I call Minneapolis home, but I have actually lived in the FM area for about 25 years of so.
                              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Dave's strat started off with a vintage trem but by 7th sun tour or before had a floyd on it.

i'd want to see the floyded version.
                                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                                X