Which neck? YOU pick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which neck? YOU pick!

Alright, its that time again, and I need some input! Last week, I FINALLY snagged myself a white Model 2! Ive already got a blue one... but I wanted white damnit! See here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120218953928

The only unfortunate thing was the extra knob. Luckily though, its in the correct place had this guitar originally came with 2 knobs, so thats a plus! It was originally for a coil tap, but Im not big on those. Instead I installed a JE1200, my favorite addon to any guitar. Also included was a JT6 and an oldschool Duncan JBJ! I decided to go with an extra OFR I had sitting around along with a J80C.

Now my dilemma... which neck do I use? Keep in mind Ive already got a stock Model 2, so I could care less about originality with this one. Both necks pictured are in GREAT shape and are both amazing necks...

I like the stock neck because its simplistic look goes with the rest of the guitar and the vintage vibe.

I like the 475 neck because of the binding and MOP 'fins, gives it more of the shredder look.

But, Im torn between the two! So its time for you all to decide! Ill leave the poll up probably until tomorrow, at which time which ever neck wins, is the neck that goes on!
    Stock Model 2 neck
    44.83%
    475 Deluxe neck
    55.17%

The poll is expired.

Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

I love that 475 neck, but I think they look better on trans finish bodies. I'm a vintage kind of guy so I chose the original neck. Man that's a tough decision.

Marc

Comment

The neck with the sharkfins and binding, naturally.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I think the stock model 2 neck is more classic looking and looks better on a classic color like white. The 475 looks more shredder style to me and would go great on a red/hot color. jmo. Great score though and it does look great with either neck.

Comment

I would say that for my hands, the bound neck feels different, wider/flatter?
          Not by a lot, but by a little... just enough.
          I'm sure each one is different, and it's probably just what I've been exposed to in the past.
          In any event, for my mitts, I prefer the feel of the 475 neck.
          Plus the looks... damn... very sweet looking... niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
          I voted.
          I'll zip it now.
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

The single-humness goes wth the shredder vibe of the finned neck and the Floyd. The dots match the body shape, but you lose the vintage vibe of the neck when you have only one pickup and Floyd.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hard for me, I like the neck of the 475, I like the headstock of the stock.
              Break the headstock off the stock and glue it onto the 475?

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                I'm a vintage kind of guy so I chose the original neck.
                Me too. Original neck.

Comment

Thanks all! Keep em comin!
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I voted for the 475. It's really 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Both look great. But since you have a stock Model 2, I'd go with the 475 neck on this one...
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

yeah i prefer the dots, for some reason the sharkies i think Jackson maybe a dinky body.

Comment

475 for me.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow the dots really caught up! Looks like this will be a close one!

Comment

I never liked the lip-stick logo, makes the guitar look cheap.

My vote is for the original, it looks clean and more business like.
                            Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X