Genuine or Fake ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine or Fake ??

Hi , I own a jackson dinky purchased some time ago . I want to know wether its a genuine or fake . I live in INDIA (jacksons are not officially sold here) and I got it through a dealer who imported it for me .

The serial number is : 9717485

It is a DXMG dinky .

sounds real. can you post a pic? while jacksons may no longer be officially sold there, the lower level imports were made in india for a few years.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

But DXMGs were/are mid-line. And that serial denotes made in Japan in 2004. Why are you concerned about it being fake? Let's see some pics, it should look like this:

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It looks exactly the same as an DXMG . The reason I am worried is because many people told me that dealers around here do get local luthiers to build instruments for them and put fake logos and everything and these instruments do end up looking very close to the real deal . When I got the delivery it was just the guitar no sorts of manual / genuine jackson certificate came along . A friend purchased a jackson from japan and he did recieve a geunine jackson certificate . I dont know what right and what is wrong . So they asked me to get the serial number checked , so i put up the question here . Is there any way by which I get the serial number checked ?? I'll post pics soon ( I don't own a camera) .

Comment

Import Jacksons do not come with certificates, as far as I'm aware. There is no way to check an import serial with Jackson, but the serial you posted is consistent with Jackson Japan serials.

It is not common for a fake to be made very accurately. Those who make fakes try to do them to as low cost as possible, which means they skimp on the details. Things to look out for: Tremolo bridge without logo, neck plates without logo and serial, single layer truss rod covers, non-recessed control cavity cover, pickups without logo, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by cylone_trap View Post
            So they asked me to get the serial number checked , so i put up the question here . Is there any way by which I get the serial number checked ??
            Who's "they" ?

And, I already did.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"They" refers to my friends .

Comment

I wouldn't really worry about it. If somebody really wanted to fake a Jackson it would most likely be an American version, not an import. Since they would bring more attention and cash it would be more worth while.
                Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
                X