Grunt work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grunt work

Hey, I've been thinking about how much I've been helped out here. Its pretty awesome how much guys are willing to just spill their guts for anyone to help them out.

So I got to thinking that I'd like to do something to contribute as well, I'm just not sure what.

I'm pretty decent on computers and such, so I was thinking maybe I'd make a guide to all Charvel imports for easy identification. I'd go through all the old Charvel catalogs and pull pics/specs and everything, then have a different worksheet ply in Excel for each year/model. Something like that.

So would that be of interest to anyone, or can you think of something else I could do that would be of worth to the community here?

That sounds pretty cool.
    There are some good threads that talk about all the different models that people remember... but I'm not sure I've seen a comprehensive list like what you're talking about for Charvy's.
    Thanks for thinking!
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

that's nice! Also, if someone is looking for a particular "type" like charvels with H/s/s configuration or something...you could have a list of charvel models which fit that description.
      Sam

Comment

Nice gesture man. I think it would be cool...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Didn't Todd do that already? The MOAIP?
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I don't think it ever got finished. I think it would be great if someone would do it. I know there are many people here would help contribute if given a chance.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
              Hey, I've been thinking about how much I've been helped out here. Its pretty awesome how much guys are willing to just spill their guts for anyone to help them out.

So I got to thinking that I'd like to do something to contribute as well, I'm just not sure what.

I'm pretty decent on computers and such, so I was thinking maybe I'd make a guide to all Charvel imports for easy identification. I'd go through all the old Charvel catalogs and pull pics/specs and everything, then have a different worksheet ply in Excel for each year/model. Something like that.

So would that be of interest to anyone, or can you think of something else I could do that would be of worth to the community here?
              Cool gesture, dude!
              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Sounds like a job for... Henrik!
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I've been pretty hit pretty hard with school this week, but I'll have some free time over the weekend that I'll do this. It shouldn't take more than a few hours I don't think.

When it is done, is there a good place I could upload it to?

Comment

Hey, dude, I need some help with my computer. Actually, my speakers. They stopped working last week. I can't hear anything on youtube or other online sites. I can, however, get sound when I view a DVD. Hope it's an easy fix. Yes, I checked my Volume Control box.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey, dude, I need some help with my computer. Actually, my speakers. They stopped working last week. I can't hear anything on youtube or other online sites. I can, however, get sound when I view a DVD. Hope it's an easy fix. Yes, I checked my Volume Control box.
                      ron , I had the same problem. I don't remember how I exactly I fixed it but it was my mcafee antivuris software that did it. Gives you a place to start from.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        In the "Advanced" section of your wave audio... you may find that one
                        "Slider" is turned down. That happened to me, even though my overall
                        audio settings seemed ok. Click on "Advanced" settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                          In the "Advanced" section of your wave audio... you may find that one
                          "Slider" is turned down. That happened to me, even though my overall
                          audio settings seemed ok. Click on "Advanced" settings.
                          It wasn't that, but I looked around in there - Audio Device got switched or something, so I switched it back.

Thanks, man!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I did 87 and 88 tonight. Hopefully I'll have the rest done by Monday.

Have a look and I'll gladly take suggestions for formatting, additional info I should put in, etc. Obviously I'll fix any errors if you see them, as well.

Go 4 posts down for file
                            Last edited by thebigz; 02-23-2008, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Page Not Available...

Comment

Working...
                              X