Reverse headstock tuners - Mental block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse headstock tuners - Mental block

Ok guys, please help. I'm trying to figure something out that should be simple but my brain just won't function.

I want to replace the tuners on my reverse headstock (jackson ps-4), for chrome ones.

Do I need left hand tuners?

nope. right.

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

cool. I bought some off ebay a while back and they were off a standard RH guitar and they are the wrong way round for my headstock. Sorry, i meant to say do i need tuners for a left hand guitar
      Last edited by tinribs; 02-21-2008, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Either will work, but a "lefty" set of tuners will have the screw hole in the "correst" spot likely. I purchased replacement tuners for a reverse headstock neck once and they were lefty tuners.

The best thing to do is look at the back of the headstock to see where the screw hole is (i.e. to the left or right of the tuner), then make sure the replacement tuner has the screw hole on the correct side to match what you are replacement. That will allow you to verify whether or not you need lefty tuners for your reverse headstock.

Dave
        Dave

Comment

I mistakenly bought lefty tuners once, and noticed that they fit my reverse-headstock M-II perfectly (meaning the screw holes lined up).

Comment

The worst that will happen is you'll need to make new screw holes.
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
              The worst that will happen is you'll need to make new screw holes.
              Here's what that looks like:

Looks like crap if you ask me.

Comment

thanks guys, the lefties worked a tret, with the RH ones, I could see no possible way of fitting them - they are upsaide down

Comment

If you have to drill pin/screw holes on your own, I'd suggest a jig. While it's a little on the 'spensive side, I picked up two of these Stewart MacDonald tuner pin drill jigs. While they sell them one at a time, I find that using two with a straight-edge helps make sure the location of the pin is uniform. I used them while installing Sperzels (instead of their instructions which say, set it in, press it and then drill the hole) and they worked like a charm.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Sp...Drill_Jig.html
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                  X