No announcement yet.

Whatya think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never said you were a bad person. Something about a gift horse.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
      Not entirely free, but that's a different bitch............
      I'm not touching that one...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Honestly guys, Denny and I are just trying to help this place out. I could have easily paid the 20 bucks....I mean, really, 3 drinks at the bar, 5 gallons of gas, 4 packs or strings, two tickets at the movies, just 20 bucks to offer support. I thought this would be the best way I could help show my support and thanks for such a great place full of diversity and different taste. If some ones wins it and hates it, I'm sure it will be worth a few hundred bucks on E-bay. I was going to degloss it, but will leave it as an option to the winner as to it being buffed or semi-gloss.

Think of it as a way for the guys here who run the site to say thanks to those who have offered support with the membeship drive. I personally know it cost money to run a forum like this. I have a monster of my own at learnairbrush.com. I know that it has been a can of worms here. I'm not trying to open it. This is just my way of saying thanks. I know that no matter what I would have painted on it, there would be peeps who don't dig it. Im not offended really. Just damned if I do....and damned if I don't.

Have a great weekend.
        Mike
        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
          I appreciate the idea and the effort. Now, I do have one concern. Is the body premium light weight alder?
          Weighs in a whopping 4 oz And there is a swastika under the neck pocket too.
          Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
          http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
            Honestly guys, Denny and I are just trying to help this place out. I could have easily paid the 20 bucks....I mean, really, 3 drinks at the bar, 5 gallons of gas, 4 packs or strings, two tickets at the movies, just 20 bucks to offer support. I thought this would be the best way I could help show my support and thanks for such a great place full of diversity and different taste. If some ones wins it and hates it, I'm sure it will be worth a few hundred bucks on E-bay. I was going to degloss it, but will leave it as an option to the winner as to it being buffed or semi-gloss.

Think of it as a way for the guys here who run the site to say thanks to those who have offered support with the membeship drive. I personally know it cost money to run a forum like this. I have a monster of my own at learnairbrush.com. I know that it has been a can of worms here. I'm not trying to open it. This is just my way of saying thanks. I know that no matter what I would have painted on it, there would be peeps who don't dig it. Im not offended really. Just damned if I do....and damned if I don't.

Have a great weekend.
            Mike
            mike, truly, i think we all appreciate the effort you've put in and the commitment u've showed here, maybe we should thank them more for giving us this great forum

Comment

I think it's a great thing you guys are doing. I hope whoever wins it really appreciates it...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

COOL perk
                And A BIG MOSH ON to Mike and Denny for donating their time and efforts and to the Admins. also for bringing the coolness .

Great work guys

and before i get accused of just kissing ass,,pfht ,,Blow me,,,,cause this is a cool deed for sure, whether its "your" "my" their" thing or not, its still very cool.
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

The thing that bugs me is that if one of you guys cut a track and put it in the MP3 area you would be highly offended if someone told you that you sucked or whatever.

Both Denny and Mike ponied up their talents and in some instance kind of got that here from some.

For others, I'm sorry if you feel like it aint cool because it's a platinum perk but please allow me to say this. This giveaway was something I worked on with Mike a year ago, long before the Plat forum. The idea was that it would be given away in the main forum. When Mike sent me the giveaway guitar notification the Platinum area was in place. I felt that it wouldn't be fair to those guys who supported the forum to keep this as a completely open contest. I felt that they stepped up to the plate so they deserved to have this ... it was only right, they earned it.

If you like the guitar great. If you're a member that has a shot even better. if you don't like it remember that is is free, regardless of the platinum membership thing ..that was something totally devoid of this. If you have to make a negative comment just remember the hearts that went into this..... the people who made it happen are members ..

Thanks Mike and Denny..
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I have no complaints about it.. It could have a pictures of two dogs fucking for all I care.. I'll be happy as pig in shit if I win it.
                    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Christ, this is free and theres bitchin'! No wonder jackson/charvel can't do anything right

I read the thread title as 'what do you think about this free body being given away to you guys', and I thought 'kickass'. Do I like the body/paintjob? Of course, cause I would never in a million years buy this kinda piece! That makes it all the more appealing to be given it and have it hanging up!

But since its the jcf I have to have one criticism, why dont the girls have body glitter?! Fuckin amateur without it, bet its a fender thing.

Comment

i dig it. i hope i win the fucker.

and k, i SO don't miss having to post what you just did.

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                        The thing that bugs me is that if one of you guys cut a track and put it in the MP3 area you would be highly offended if someone told you that you sucked or whatever.

Both Denny and Mike ponied up their talents and in some instance kind of got that here from some.

For others, I'm sorry if you feel like it aint cool because it's a platinum perk but please allow me to say this. This giveaway was something I worked on with Mike a year ago, long before the Plat forum. The idea was that it would be given away in the main forum. When Mike sent me the giveaway guitar notification the Platinum area was in place. I felt that it wouldn't be fair to those guys who supported the forum to keep this as a completely open contest. I felt that they stepped up to the plate so they deserved to have this ... it was only right, they earned it.

If you like the guitar great. If you're a member that has a shot even better. if you don't like it remember that is is free, regardless of the platinum membership thing ..that was something totally devoid of this. If you have to make a negative comment just remember the hearts that went into this..... the people who made it happen are members ..

Thanks Mike and Denny..
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

A few quick points.

A. I like the guitar.
                          B. I like Mike and Denny(and Mike and Ike)
                          3. Make another guitar body to give away, but paint old ladies and douche bags on it. Then make the give-away available to...well, those "special" people on the JCF who we all know and love, that would bitch if they were fucked with a solid gold diamond studded dick!
                          The Buzzard does not fear
                          The man in riot gear
                          Harvest a skull of stone
                          The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                            i dig it. i hope i win the fucker.
                            I want it.
                            I have a spare strathead neck that would look great on that body.
                            I'll send it to Mike and have him paint the headstock to match.
                            Not kissin' ass either. I really dig the finish.
                            -Rick

Comment

K - I'm sure you understand, I have no issue with the body or anyone having to sign up for the Platinum Membership to get it. My comment was basically saying that I love the graphic, but for reasons that I'd rather not get into, I'm in no way signing up as a Platinum Member. (huh huh, I said "Platinum Member")

Great perk for those who have. And kudos for Mike and Slash for going above and beyond.

Originally posted by Mayday View Post

Thanks Mike and Denny..
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

I like it. Without the military theme part it reminds me of the opening credits to a James Bond movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X