Whatya think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
    Todd, that wasn't directed at your comment about not signing up, i didn't take that as a negative at all. It was more based around the "It isn't free but that's another bitch altogether" comment ...Honestly I could care less about the Platinum thing, I'm not down with it at all. But it simply isn't right to not give those guys their due either ... Sorry if anyone feels that is wrong

Look, this is living proof that nothing here will EVER satisfy the whole membership. More so people for whatever reason love to criticize and complain.. Eh it is what it is. I only felt bad that both Mike and Denny did something cool and some people were slightly robbing them of their moment .. heck it could have been a daisy rock guitar for crying out loud ..
    You really need to get a thicker skin my friend. My comments about the giveaway not being entirely free were "tongue in cheek".....I even put a smilie at the end of the statement. And if someone doesn't like the graphic so be it. I personally think it looks silly, but being a former Marine I have my reasons. It doesn't offend me so let's not go down that road. Again, I just think it looks silly. I should be allowed to say that and if Mike Learn happens to read this I mean him no disrespect. I happen to own a NAMM custom shop strathead with his "Flesh and Bones" graphic and it's my favorite guitar hands down. Please, don't tell me what opinions I can or can't have.

Comment

Thanks to Mike, Denny and Mayday(JCF).

This project is really cool!
      Can't wait to enter the drawing.
      Mike,
      How is your turn around time?
      I am looking for some one to paint my Green Meanie project!
      Here is my Green Meanie thread.

Comment

I hope I can win this as well. I actually had this idea a few years ago for a star body I have. I was going to do mine in urban camo. I know Mikes would blow my home job away and I would be proud to own it. A Mike Learn custom camo, F@ck yeah! Give it to me!
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
          You really need to get a thicker skin my friend. My comments about the giveaway not being entirely free were "tongue in cheek".....I even put a smilie at the end of the statement. And if someone doesn't like the graphic so be it. I personally think it looks silly, but being a former Marine I have my reasons. It doesn't offend me so let's not go down that road. Again, I just think it looks silly. I should be allowed to say that and if Mike Learn happens to read this I mean him no disrespect. I happen to own a NAMM custom shop strathead with his "Flesh and Bones" graphic and it's my favorite guitar hands down. Please, don't tell me what opinions I can or can't have.

I'm not upset in the least so it's doubtful I needed thick skin. I think you missed the entire context of my post explaining WHY it was put in the Platinum membership area.

You're free to say whatever you wish, it's america and thanks to people like you "the armed services"(which I appreciate) I'm able to tell you I think you're comments were harsh. Especially for something that was designed to be free. While I'm not telling you what you can and cannot say as an Admin of this board I'm free to express my opinion ... if you don't like that then you're the one who is thin skinned my friend ...
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I love it, I think it's awesome that it's being given away, and I'm totally entering to win it.
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Hey Mike ... I think a skull would look badass inside the bottom of the sergeant's patch as well as tattooed on the asses of the bent over stripper silhouettes .. what the hell, I think skulls fuckin' rock !!!!

Comment

I like the green with black speckles, but the girl outlines is way too "hick pickup truck" for me.
                Scott

Comment

nice!

Comment

This is cool as hell, you guys, kudos for doing this great gesture

What size neck pocket is it? I'm just trying to figure out which neck I'll install when it shows up..... :ROTF:
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dave, Mike said it's a standard Jackson/Charvel neck pocket so 2 1/4".

This is a cool idea, and Mike and Denny are great for doing something for the sake of this forum, that says a lot about their character. Some of the ribbing of the graphic I don't think were done maliciously as even I am not a big fan of graphics on any level but Mike is one of if not THEE best when it comes to graphics. Kind of reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry goes to that woman's office and heckles her. "Boooo Hisss..... How are you going to cut it in this business?" etc etc. haha

Comment

Mike, fwiw I think its cool. Reminds me of some of the paint jobs Washburn did back in the early 90's. Not what I would play, but I think it's cool!

Comment

If you don't like what happens on this site the go way. I see a lot of people just bitch because they can this is a place of fun not bitching.

I would like to thank all who runs and supports this site. I don't use it much but it has come in handie.

Comment

Originally posted by JetFixxxer View Post
                            I have no complaints about it.. It could have a pictures of two dogs fucking for all I care..
                            Hey, maybe that can be the graphic for the next one. Postion the female right and you'd get what, 6 titties ?

No matter what opinions we individually have about the choice of graphic, nobody can deny what a kick ass gesture it is by the people responsible. Thanks guys !
                            I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Kudos to Mike and Denny for doing this! Very nice work!
                              I'm not saying this because I like the graphic (too cheesy for me), but because you guys put the time and effort into this to offer it up for free.
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

When do we find out how to win this????
                                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                                X