whats the story behind the warrior ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the story behind the warrior ?

The warrior is one of my favorite body designs by jackson. So whos idea was it ? WAs it made by some guy in a band likethe kelly ? Or is it a jackson original ? id like to know

[ April 27, 2003, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Explorer77 ]

Re: whats the story behind the warrior ?

It was made by a guy that worked for Jackson...Charvel750 had a good history written of it, if he could post it then your questions would be answered...

Comment

It was designed by Mikey Wright, who was the head of R&D at Jackson. The body style is 4 Jackson headstocks (now look at one again [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).
      When it was first introduced in 1990, it was a commercial flop, and Mikey got the boot.

Newc

[ April 27, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

looks more like 4 deformed headstocks if you ask me. but warriors are awesome!

Comment

I just wish it had the Soloist neck profile, I heard it had the Speed Neck, too thin for me. Also, does it have Tall/Thin frets or Jumbo? Jack.

Comment

Jack, the original Warriors had the same exact neck profile of the USA Production Soloists from 1990 through at least 1992. For those wanting some cool pics (including Mikey Wright) of the Warrior and a little history, click this link: http://www.theshredzone.com/content/...01/warrior.asp From my glory days as a columnist at the Shred Zone! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Excellent article Joe! You must be an English teacher huh?
              Was Mikey Wright let go from Jackson because the Warrior seemed to be a "flop" back then? Anyone know what he's up to these days? Out of all those available graphic options back then I've only seen the Warbird, Pop Art, Jigsaw, and Lightning on 90's Warriors...man I wish more would pop up (hopefully when I have some $$ [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- Joel
              RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
              RIP Dime

Comment

I got a friend that builds guitars that was buds with Mikey, and he told me the whole thing as Mikey told it to him a while back. Basically, it's been rumored that Mikey was let go for doing "special deals" at NAMM as well as the shop, and they busted him for it.
                Here's a snippet of the Mikey Wright Saga from one of his emails:

...After Jackson he was running the guitar department at Grandma's Music in Albuquerque. Grandma's is one of the Nation's top music retailers and Mikey made their guitar department what it is today. He must have still had some good connections with Jackson because he got Grandma's their Jackson dealership. Anyhow Mikey was also playing in a local blues based rock band called Queen-Bee. The dude is fantastic. He moved out to Hollywood a few years back and was working for some high end vintage guitar shop out there........

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Matt...you think he's got any 90's Warriors he might wanna sell? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- Joel
                  RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                  RIP Dime

Comment

Prolly not.

Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                      It was designed by Mikey Wright, who was the head of R&D at Jackson. The body style is 4 Jackson headstocks (now look at one again)
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newc, do you still have that pic of a Warrior with the 4 jumbo headstocks overlayed? That might convince the non-believers [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Makes sense to me.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wow, ya learn something new everyday!
                          [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Joel, regarding graphics on the Warriors - i just came across this one today on ebay Warrior with graphic

Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

That's the Saturn Warrior. I always loved that. Ken (WarriorX7) used to own one. I'm not sure if it was that one or not. Also, I believe the old Warriors had a 24.75" scale.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X