No announcement yet.

whats the story behind the warrior ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: whats the story behind the warrior ?

Same one. Only one like that AFAIK.
    Man. We seriously need an "orgasming graemlin" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Gary:

BOW, you non-believers [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I never doubted you, brother! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
          Man. We seriously need an "orgasming graemlin" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
          Newc
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Uh, I don't think so! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I think we get in enough trouble w/ those little guys. Besides, there are "younguns" here heh heh.

How about this, will she do? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Jackson1: Yeah that's the Saturn Warrior...one of my all time favorites! Ken bought that beauty from Roman, then it went to a collector who didn't even know how to play guitar where it just hung on the wall for art value, then Tracy got it and Brett bought it and now Chris has it. I had a hard on for that guitar for years, but I came to the realization that I would never be able to mod the bridge pup route to fit a decent pickup in there and be able to play it, so I've stopped persuing it. If I only had lots o $$$ to be able to buy these guitars and not play them.

- Joel
            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
            RIP Dime

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Friend of yours?
              [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Joel, there is a pickup you can put in the Warriors without touching/mod'ing the body rout. The EMG humbuckers will go in if you cut off about half of the plastic mounting ear (along with the brass threaded insert). You have to cut the top on one side and the bottom on the other (if I remember correctly), so you are left with a little less than 1/2 an 'ear'. I then drilled a small hole in the remaining ear portion and using a very thin wood screw, hard mounted the EMG85 in place (using hard foam underneath to get the proper height. I then swapped in a 3-way blade switch instead of the 5-way for pickup selection. (I also took out the active circuitry and converted the toggle to a 'off/on' switch). You could probably do something similar with other pickups that use metal mounting, but it was easier to work with the plastic on the EMG. If someone wants to email me, I can forward a pic of what I did for someone to post on the forum.
                MountainDog

Comment

Wow, that chick's really wet! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah but the couch is now toast [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

You guys are great! Thanks for providing the link to the backround history of the Warrior.

The Warrior model and I are so comfortable together the comfort level is 100%++. It is definitely one of my favorite Jackson body styles.

I never looked at it as 4 headstocks but so it goes.

I prefer Warriors and Stars 10 to 1 over the common "tooth" shaped guitars.

In fact the common "tooth" shaped guitar is my least favorite design...

Thanks

Comment

Soggy toast...

I can't count how many times that has happend to me...I meet a chick and then she passes out and wets her self... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

"tooth shaped guitar?"

huh? are you in the doctor teeth muppet band? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully - you've seen those big "this is your tooth" models? Ok, now flip it over and put a guitar neck on it - it's a Soloist [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Thank you NEWC!

Comment

Whoa, I never thought out it that way before... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] They really DO look like molars!

Comment

Working...
                                X