Mike Eldred in 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Eldred in 2000

There is a COA on a custom shop strat on the bay built in 2000 that was signed by Mike Eldred. Is that the same guy as the Jackson master builder? 2000 predates the FMIC buyout, so anybody know what the deal is?

Eldred was never a master builder at Jackson. I'm not sure he was ever actually a builder anywhere...

He no longer works at Jackson, and from what I hear, is not thought of particularly well there. Not sure if he's still with FMIC, or if he's gone altogether.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

http://www.fender.com/news/index.php...ay_article=149

Comment

He's still with FMIC. I don't know about being a builder, but he's credited as an original Charvel employee. If what neilli says is true, well then it fits with the perception that Jackson is low on the FMIC priority list.

Found this vid of him with the Andy Summers tele -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI_XX3nYdzo
        Last edited by åron; 03-02-2008, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Mike Eldred was the custom shop manager, so he signed all the certificates. As far as I know he was never a builder.

Comment

Im glad he came up with this though... !!

Comment

Interesting. I recall seeing his name on an old Jackson neck heel and assumed he built it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                Im glad he came up with this though... !!

+1... That guiyar has always been one of my favorites.

Comment

I want one like that + a neck single coil but not at todays prices.

Comment

ive got a dimas era jackson neck stamped Mike Eldred? did he just inspect then stamp them? or did he do any work on it

Comment

Mike is senior management level at FMIC. As far as I know, he's been in management for some time, and hasn't been actively involved in builds for a while. However, my understanding is Mike originally started out as a builder - possibly starting out on necks - with Charvel back in the day. Whether he was a builder/master builder while at Fender, I can't say for sure. I believe the answer to be "yes", but he hasn't done that stuff for a while.

Comment

He made a LOT of Charvel's back in the day. He was employee #1 after Grover bought the company from Wayne.
                        \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                        X