neck thru vs set neck vs bolt on guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: neck thru vs set neck vs bolt on guitars

Guitars without necks sound great! And you can always play faster on them! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Love them both!!!!!!!!
      They both have different sounds and feel
      just like women do!!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperfuzz:
        In my experience, guitars with necks have much better sustain and tone than guitars that don't have necks. That's just me though.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree, sometimes I even like playing my guitars with no strings .. I never miss a note!!!

Comment

Doh!

Comment

Yeah, yeah....I was being Master of the Obvious. I was wondering if anyone would catch that one. I can't slip anything past you guys! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Bolt on was good enough for Dave Murray and Jimi Hendrix - nothing wrong with their tone! Neck-thru's tend to be a little to bright for me. I prefer bolt-on and/or set-neck.

McD
              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:
                Bolt on was good enough for Dave Murray and Jimi Hendrix - nothing wrong with their tone! Neck-thru's tend to be a little to bright for me. I prefer bolt-on and/or set-neck.

McD
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Really, I would say it depends on what material it is made out of. Take a maple bolt-on neck, and a maple body, and it will be much brighter than a mahogany neck-thru. Of couse, that's a pretty rare combo, since most neck thrus tend to have a maple neck/centre section, but you rarely see bolt-on guitars with maple bodies.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                X