Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads in a multiple guitar stand

Hi all,

I am looking for a multi stand for my guitars that I can take with me to shows. The problem is that we have a couple of Rhoads' and I don't know if they would be stable and safe in those. This is the kind I'm thinking of:

Ausführliche Productinformatie voor Rockstand RS 20850B Guitarstand bij www.Thomann.de

What do you think?

A Rhoads won't even fit well into those kinds of stands. You need a "hanging" stand since the long wing won't allow the guitar to sit in the stand like that.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

keep iit in the case
      Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Hercules stand?
        My gear
        87 Charvel Model 6
        86 Charvel Model 4
        93 Jackson RR EX
        93 Jackson Kelly STD
        88 Ibanez RG560
        99 Schecter Diamond C-7
        Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

But the upper wing tip should stay put in the inner corner of the case, right?

Comment

I've had a Hercules... they work well enough, but be very careful; I had the foam leave marks on the finishes on some of my guitars and Hercules was pretty much "Screw you". Just use a rag where it grips it.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              I've had a Hercules... they work well enough, but be very careful; I had the foam leave marks on the finishes on some of my guitars and Hercules was pretty much "Screw you". Just use a rag where it grips it.
              Really? I've had mine for about 3 years and it hasn't done anything to the finish on mine...hmmmm

I'd say get a Hercules, the 3 guitar stand is awesome.
              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Yeah id go with the Herculese too. Its probably the most stable of the lot.
                As for the marking of the headstock from the rubber. There is a thing about the surgical rubber that will discolor or even disfigure the finish on a nitro finished guitar. So most manufacturers went to the foam rubber. And GC has replaced all the Surgical rubber with the foam rubber type of hangers. I havent noticed any marking or anything else from any hooks or stands with the foam rubber. On any type of finish.
                Gil

Comment

Hercules for me too, well built and stable.
                  www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

I guess this Hercules stand would do fine at home but I want a solution for all guitars on stage. That'll be 2 Rhoads', 2 strats and 1 bass. I just want to get rid of the tripod stands I'm using now...

Comment

For a simple fix using a regular type guitar stand just drill another hole in the tube about 6" above the original hole and place the cradle in the new higher hole, that gives you the clearance for the long wing.

Been using one like this since 1984 with no problems.

Can take a pic if you like so you can see what I mean. LMK.
                      Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

+1 on Hercules stands!

Comment

Originally posted by RD
                          Buy 2 Hercules Stands then...

or..

Guitar boats are killer as well.. pretty much the industry standard but they are very pricey..

http://ecomm.toursupply.com/cgi-bin/...gory/se=Stands

this is what they look like in the guitar boat..

This is more like what I mean to be getting. How does this stand differ from the one I suggested earlier? Except for the ridiculous price ofcourse...

Are those guitars resting on the upper wing tip?

Comment

Here's what I use, and my RR's are ok.
                            The RockStand RS5 is a great way to store and display your guitars. With room for 5 guitars, the RockStand RS5 also folds up easily.

Here's a pic:

The long wing does NOT touch the floor. It has about 1 1/2 inches of clearance.

Comment

Working...
                            X