6 digit serial #s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 digit serial #s

i just read a thread about serial numbers and just wanted to clarify something, my kelly std has a 6 digit serial # j001790 am i to assume that my kelly is a 90 model? the reason i ask is because of the india models starting w/ 00. i do recall the india models as having 8 digits but im just making sure so im not falsely claiming my kelly is a std pro. or some sort of parts monster. im new to owning jackson guitars, so pleez forgive.....
    jackson dx10
    charvel avenger
    schecter c1 classic
    samick tr2 sg clone
    fender twin amp.
    abunch of stomp boxes

Originally posted by maj.kalishnakov View Post
    wanted to clarify something, my kelly std has a 6 digit serial # j001790
    I would consider that 7 digits (or if you wanna get technical, a letter & 6 digits).

am i to assume that my kelly is a 90 model?
    Yes, but not because of the 90 on the end. In Jxxxxxx serials, the first x usually refers to the year, ie J0xxxxx = 1990 J3xxxxx = 1993 etc

I said usually because I have heard of some J00xxxx being 1991.

Also, the initial J (In Jxxxxxx serials) refers to Made in Japan.

the reason i ask is because of the india models starting w/ 00. i do recall the india models as having 8 digits but im just making sure so im not falsely claiming my kelly is a std pro. or some sort of parts monster. im new to owning jackson guitars, so pleez forgive.....
    Almost all India serials are 8 digits long and start with either 00 or 10. Some also start with 99. I seriously doubt your Kelly is one of these.

HTH
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
    X