• Seek parts for a RR3 and RR5 modification project

Peace,

I got a RR5 and this RR3..

, link is here:
    RR3 Pro white with ping stripes

They looked like this when i first got them:

And i swapped knobs between them once:

And now they look like this after swapping parts between the guitars again:

Here is a close up of the RR5, and i could of not done this with out Dave's parts and help at fretsonthenet.com:

As you can see i swapped the pick guards several times between the guitars, been one was black (rr3) and the other gold (rr5), both have a RR tross rod cover on the head stock, and the RR5 also has a vague paisley effect that you can only see on the pick-guard with allot of light as well as the gold pick up rings.

Below is a (photo shop super imposed project) of a before and after picture of what the RR3 will look like IF i added gold tuners and pick up rings. (ill make a floyd Rose Photo shop file as well) with a Gold floyd base but using the black parts on it.

I am between Spain and France at the moment, seems to be a hard ordeal here to find parts, if anyone knows where i can get gold Jackson tuners for a RR3 and a Gold matching Floyd please do let me know, i am asking around.

I also like to point out that the RR flash site is not accurate at all, if you look at the RR3 i have and the ones i created using the flash site you will notice that the bridge position of the Floyd on the flash site is either closer to the neck and pick ups or the body's are just too big,, anyone know if this is correct do inform me how so.,

I made various combinations to see how the gold rings and Rose would look for my project here and it is confusing., honestly, looks better with out a pick guard., white binding would of helped the RR3 allot here while my RR5 looks just fine with out it as is.

Peace
    Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 03-16-2008, 06:35 PM.

Originally posted by Gabriel Raphael View Post
    I also like to point out that the RR flash site is not accurate at all, if you look at the RR3 i have and the ones i created using the flash site you will notice that the bridge position of the Floyd on the flash site is either closer to the neck and pick ups or the body's are just too big,, anyone know if this is correct do inform me how so.
    The flash IS accurate. It's because of a bolt-on neck on your RR3 that makes the floyd more away from the body. Find a good picture of a RR1 and a RR3 and then compare positions of the floyd rose. You'll see that RR1 is more like on flash.

That's a cool black pickguard there!

I bought these tuners for my Jackson and I'm still waiting for them (should arrive this week):
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130176058671

They are the usual Gotoh shape and size that Jackson uses, but the cheapest I could have found. I don't really need them for tuning stability, cause I have a locking nut there, so I bought them for looks. I just hope the gold plating will stay on.

Comment

Dave rocks! Sweet guitars!
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Peace and thanks guys

Yeah its a exciting little project i have going on., as for the tuners i am trying to get a original Jackson set if possible. , i did also find something on eBay, Click here, they have gold ones as well but i was wondering if they wold fit on a RR3 i have.

Also, as for the flash site comparison of a RR1 and RR3, do you guys also know if the RR1 and RR5 bodies are the same size, my RR5 seems smaller then my RR3 here when i compare there bodies.

And for the floyd Rose idea, i will make a PS test of what a Black or Gold floyd base would look like if it they where one color apart from the nuts and bolts.,( as in gold base, black screws, nuts and bolts) i will post it here too.
        Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 03-16-2008, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X