No announcement yet.

A lot of people here will enjoy this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of people here will enjoy this...

I've only skimmed through it, but it's a nice -if typical- Wayne Charvel interview, with a rebuttal by Grover from recently at the end. It's a long read, but seems to be a nice one.

Damn good read. I enjoy long interviews like that.
    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

thats very ointeresting so far..lots to read there!!! interesting section about grover's biusiness ideals....

Comment

A former employee turned partner with only a 10% share of the business managed to completely pull the wool over his eyes regarding the state of his business? Even if that were true, which I highly doubt, shame on him.

Comment

I had an interesting conversation with Wayne a few years ago. He was a very bitter man as far as Jackson/Charvel went... personally he's a really nice guy but you can see that he still has a grudge
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Sounds like sour grapes to me. He sold the business before it took off, and now feels like a "victim" of sorts.

Comment

whew, great read. looong, lol.
              i think grovers response sums it up.
              he bought the company outright because wayne couldn't handle it, and grover had put so much uncompensated time into, really doing the work, in hopes to make something for himself and his family. he went into it with the hopefull intention, of becoming a partner with wayne, so he could get a foothold on something he could build and be prosperous at.
              he went in debt to get the thing off the ground, stuck with it and came out on top. what more needs to be said. and weather it's the case in this scenario or not, yeah, you gotta do a little shoving to get where you want to go sometimes.
              if you can't take the heat ....

Comment

I haven't read the artilce but i can tell you what transpired between Wayne and I.. He told me Grover never finished paying him for the company and still owed him $30k .. I don't know how true that is but he was very bitter over it
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                  I haven't read the artilce but i can tell you what transpired between Wayne and I.. He told me Grover never finished paying him for the company and still owed him $30k .. I don't know how true that is but he was very bitter over it
                  $30k is alot of scratch, if it's true there should be some anger there.

Comment

If I was owed $30k I'd have lawyers on it immediately. I don't wait 25 years and bitch about it.

Comment

Does Wayne have that debt in writing? If not, it sounds like a business mistake on Wayne's part and something he'll likely recoup.

By the way, thanks for the link to the article, CR.
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

From what I have heard through the years about Wayne selling Charvel to Grover, Grover's version of events seems a lot more accurate. The more I hear/read about Wayne, the less I like the guy.

Comment

Wayne may be "nice" as he will tell you himself, but he has tried to take a LOT of credit for a LOT of things he never did. He is happy to let people think he was involved in the rich Charvel history. Heck, even in that interview he claims to have made the body and neck for EVH's first guitar, then retracts the body and casually implies the neck was still probably his. Utter BS and even worse saying it in 85 when he would have remembered better.

Comment

to a disinterested observer, it's clear that Grover has the clue and is telling the truth and Wayne is the fond rememberer.

I've never seen better evidence that it was Grover that built that company into what it was/is, and not Wayne. it's just sad that Wayne ended up selling his very cool last name for a mere pittance. that is Wayne's fault, not Grover's.

I think Grover's description of Wayne in the last paragraph is most telling.
                            Last edited by skorb; 03-27-2008, 09:58 PM.
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I can't believe Ritchie Blackmore stiffed him for that guitar, but what if Ritchie showed up to get it, decided it was the wrong color Black and went into a rage, destroying the entire factory? None of us would be here now!

Comment

Working...
                              X