Please tell me more about my Jackson DKMGT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please tell me more about my Jackson DKMGT

Hi, I just bought a Jackson DKMGT for $440(is this a good deal?), I would like to know why am I unable to find the exact model as the one I have online? and I would also like to know more about the changes in them.

Online version:

My guitar:

I can't even find it on jackson guitars website. I notice a couple of things that are different with the one I have and the one that www.musiciansfriend.com is selling. Why is that?

yours is an older model with EMGHZ pickups and an EMG afterburner gain boost. the new one dropped the afterburner and the HZ, and put in real EMGs.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

markD's on the money. You'll find specs for your one in the '03 Catalogue (praise the audiozone.dk):

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=49&pos=40

Post your serial number. If RacerX is around and is feeling benevolent, you'll get a guesstimate of when yours was built.

Comment

$440? Even for the model that you are showing, I think that is a lot of money. I paid somewhere around $350 for a trans-black DKMGT with case.

one proven tip. If you want to sell it, sell it in parts. That way, you can make at least close to $400.
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          $440? Even for the model that you are showing, I think that is a lot of money. I paid somewhere around $350 for a trans-black DKMGT with case.

one proven tip. If you want to sell it, sell it in parts. That way, you can make at least close to $400.
          Why would I sell it for? I like this guitar. Now I know that I overpaid for this guitar and here is the serial # 9688091. To make this guitar better do I just change the pickup?

Comment

Originally posted by xternal View Post
            Why would I sell it for? I like this guitar. Now I know that I overpaid for this guitar and here is the serial # 9688091. To make this guitar better do I just change the pickup?
            Keep them if you like how they sound. Most people don't like hz's. If you are not happy with the way they sound just change them.

Comment

If preferred, you can swap out the JT580 tremolo for an Original Floyd Rose.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

if you put an OFR on there, you'll have to have it routed, since it is a string thru bridge....
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I wasn't awake! honest!
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

They can be made to look really cool? There's one opinion!

Comment

DKMG's are great guitars IMO.
                      I paid $200.00 with case for mine.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                        They can be made to look really cool? There's one opinion!
                        Your name and that beautiful paint job are perfect, that bad boy is smoking!!!
                        I have a trans black DKMGT, for about a year now, and I love it. It's solid and plays awesome. I would like to change out the pups (HZs), but I only paid $350 for it and I don't want to spend $200 on a good EMG set. There must be others who've come across the same situation. What have you done, or if you haven't, what would you do?
                        Last edited by gpig; 04-02-2008, 06:19 AM. Reason: grammar :(

Comment

I put a J90C in the bridge, and a Jackson neck pup from an older Concept DK.
                          They pop up in the classifieds every once in a while.

Comment

I like this guitar.
                            To make this guitar better do I just change the pickup?
                            If you like the guitar, don't change the pickups. Only make changes if you know positively there is something you don't like, and you have a good game plan to correct this weakness. Example, the guitar is too bright and doesn't have enough bass, then select a pickup that has a better bass response.

Just hap-hazzardly changing stuff usually ends up wasting money, but every once in a while you get lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by gpig View Post
                              Your name and that beautiful paint job are perfect, that bad boy is smoking!!!
                              I have a trans black DKMGT, for about a year now, and I love it. It's solid and plays awesome. I would like to change out the pups (HZs), but I only paid $350 for it and I don't want to spend $200 on a good EMG set. There must be others who've come across the same situation. What have you done, or if you haven't, what would you do?
                              I was lucky...off the evilbay for $520.00 and the guy had already done
                              the EMG 81/89 switch out with coil tap! So lazy me, got as nice a one
                              as they come.

Comment

Working...
                              X