No announcement yet.

Matt Tuck sig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just assumed Bullet For My Valentine were emo too, because of their stupid name. I watched the videos, and obviously they aren't. I wouldn't buy any of their CDs though. They sound kinda boring to me.

As for Jackson, I really hope they don't start picking up emo endorsees. Jackson makes guitars for metal. That shouldn't change. I hate to imagine the abominations that we'd see if they had a bunch of emo twats as endorsees.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
      I just assumed Bullet For My Valentine were emo too, because of their stupid name. I watched the videos, and obviously they aren't. I wouldn't buy any of their CDs though. They sound kinda boring to me.

As for Jackson, I really hope they don't start picking up emo endorsees. Jackson makes guitars for metal. That shouldn't change. I hate to imagine the abominations that we'd see if they had a bunch of emo twats as endorsees.
      Like it or not, a lot of "emo" music is more technical than thrash was in its day and is still heavier. What's even more amazing is it actually reaches a big audience, something that cannot be said for any death metal band of any description. Emos or at least emo-ish music will bring back metal... through any one of its genres (screamo, hardcore, post-hardcore, mathcore, metalcore, etc)

Cases in point: Bullet for my Valentine, Protest the Hero, The Fall of Troy, Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Unearth, Lamb of God... etc
      All heavy, talented bands that had a predominantly emo audience when I saw them. Except Trivium. They aren't heavy or talented and are all raging homosexuals. But they mysteriously have a lot of fans.

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
        Like it or not, a lot of "emo" music is more technical than thrash was in its day and is still heavier. What's even more amazing is it actually reaches a big audience, something that cannot be said for any death metal band of any description. Emos or at least emo-ish music will bring back metal... through any one of its genres (screamo, hardcore, post-hardcore, mathcore, metalcore, etc)

Cases in point: Bullet for my Valentine, Protest the Hero, The Fall of Troy, Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Unearth, Lamb of God... etc
        All heavy, talented bands that had a predominantly emo audience when I saw them. Except Trivium. They aren't heavy or talented and are all raging homosexuals. But they mysteriously have a lot of fans.
        I don't agree with you. The bands you listed that I've actually heard aren't emo at all. Plus "heavy" is all a matter of taste. I really like Killswitch myself, but I don't consider it particularly technical, nor heavy. To me, it's just metal. We don't need the stupid haircuts, makeup, black fingernail polish, and whining. If emo retards are listening to it, then maybe it's a good sign that they aren't a completely lost cause. Metal doesn't need anything or anyone to bring it back. It will always be here. Anything that is supposedly destined to "bring back metal" will likely just dilute it, and turn it into crappy mass produced music for the mindless sheep that are the majority of the general public.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Apart that I disagree on your statements about emo being more technical than thrash or the virtues of reaching large audiences, can you please explain how Lamb of God has anything to do with emo

Any band that uses modern production techniques and tones is not emo or emo-ish. A band talking about feelings and stuff isn't automatically emo either.
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
            Apart that I disagree on your statements about emo being more technical than thrash or the virtues of reaching large audiences, can you please explain how Lamb of God has anything to do with emo
            I'm wondering that as well. To me, LoG seem more like a cross between Slayer, Testament and At The Gates.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Emo is overused... you could have said that 7 years ago, and you'd be right. At this point, it's just godawmrecockulous. Black Sabbath is emo - tional music. Meshuggah is emo-tional music.

Haters gotta hate.

Comment

... Except Trivium. They aren't heavy or talented and are all raging homosexuals. But they mysteriously have a lot of fans.
                :ROTF:

I don't listen to Trivium, but the wording of this cracked me up.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post

Any band that uses modern production techniques and tones is not emo or emo-ish. A band talking about feelings and stuff isn't automatically emo either.
                  Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I'm wondering that as well. To me, LoG seem more like a cross between Slayer, Testament and At The Gates.
                  I'm talking about the audience. LoG had a very high proportion of dudes in tight pants hardcore dancing in the pit, but that could be because Trivium was opening for them playing their gay Crusades shit. But even still, I'm not talking about bands that consider themselves emo (because those bands really do suck), but bands that seem to be most popular with an audience that fits the emo stereotype... so Killswitch DEFINITELY falls very, very firmly into that category.

I can't really remember where I was going with this anymore though. In short, I was just trying to say "emo is not so bad" or maybe "today's emos are the metal players of the future." I think. Something along those lines. From a strictly business perspective, the emo audience is much bigger than the traditional metal audience. A guitar company wanting to make money should naturally try and tap that market..

As far as emo not being more technical than thrash.. try playing the intro to I Just Got This Symphony Goin by The Fall of Troy.

Comment

Fair enough, point taken. You're saying that some of the new wave bands attracts emo kids as well. I hope LoG can knock some sense into some of them

I was about to say that I have nothing against emo, I watched part of that vid and remembered that I do. Damn that singer is annoying We could argue which genre is more technical till we're blue in the face though, in fact come to think of it there's a range of variations within each genre.
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

wow, thread got off track, ahh, ill give my 2 cents.

Emo seems to have taken on 2 different meanings, one in the insulating way which people generally use, and the other meaning of just being short for emotional. BFMV are emotioal, without being the first definition of Emo. And if every band that had an emotioal song was emo, then pantera, and metallica would be emo. Their first CD was misleading to the public, on MTV the music videos they released were slower more melodic songs, while the rest of the album was more heavy. Their new CD they seem to be direction more attention to the metal crowd than main stream. but, thats jsut my 2 cents.

PS. i know ill get crap for this, but i think BFMV guitar work is more complicated them Phil Demmils work (with the possible exception of aesthetics of hate)

Comment

Devin Townsend has been playing emotionally heavy music for fucking ages, thats where the heavyness comes from there....but it also has balls a plenty!

I dont think emo is anywhere near as big as metal to be honest. We've got generations of a headstart, emo's just newer and trendier. Proof is in the crowd at ozzy two weeks ago, we dont all look metal, but wear it in our mp3 collections!

Comment

has anyone listened to Waking The Demon off of Scream Aim Fire?? it rules!

when I think of Emo, I think of Hawthorne Heights and shitty bands like that.. not Trivium, BFMV, KsE, or LoG. I'd like to see those 4 and Shadows Fall play together. now that would rule

and as far as a Matt Tuck sig goes.... I'd buy it. I love jackson RR's that are string through, and I also like reverse headstock guitars alot too.

Comment

I am still a die hard 80s metal head (Priest, Maiden, Ozzy, Dio, Metallica, Megadeth, etc.,) Godsmack is the only band I really love from the last decade, but I really like BFMV too. I like the guitar work they do and solos, etc.

That said, for a Jackson sig guitar, does Matt Tuck really stand out, over and above all th endorsees listed on Jackson's site, to warrant a sig model? I don't think so yet, they are still pretty new, relatively speaking, and its not like he is a virtuoso, especially given that Padg can play his ass off too.

What else do you do to a Rhoads to make it a sig model anyway? It already is a sig model.
                            Jackson KV2
                            Jackson KE1T
                            Jackson KE1F
                            Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by RD
                              This video has both guys sig models in it.

Why Did Michael Jackson Wear A Glove? One of the most notable features of Jackson's iconic music career was his glove. It should, however, be noted .........

I like 'em, not enough to buy it but it's good stuff.
                              Are those "crow" inlays from the SAF cover art?
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                                I am still a die hard 80s metal head (Priest, Maiden, Ozzy, Dio, Metallica, Megadeth, etc.,) Godsmack is the only band I really love from the last decade, but I really like BFMV too. I like the guitar work they do and solos, etc.

That said, for a Jackson sig guitar, does Matt Tuck really stand out, over and above all th endorsees listed on Jackson's site, to warrant a sig model? I don't think so yet, they are still pretty new, relatively speaking, and its not like he is a virtuoso, especially given that Padg can play his ass off too.

What else do you do to a Rhoads to make it a sig model anyway? It already is a sig model.
                                Unknown and dosen't stand out?
                                Hey, they gave a sig to Kevin Bond, so i dont think this model will be a problem
                                Tell me about it!

Comment

Working...
                                X