RX10D vs. PS3T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX10D vs. PS3T

If you had pick one, wich one would you get?
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Theoretically the X series is better than the P series, so I'd probably go with the RX10D. But I'd play them both first.
    Scott

Comment

PS3T is long discontinued but RX10D is still current (although it has been around for a long time and was initially made in India). I don't recommend buying the Indian made RX10D. The current RX10Ds I believe are made in Japan still. The Performer PS3T I think was briefly made in Korea before its production was moved to Japan for the rest of its life (some of the JCFers know how to distinguish between Korean and Japanese Performer Series - number of serial number digits???). RX10D looks a little better (MOTO sharkfins and all). Both are 22 frets. They probably play about the same (but yes, try to play before you buy). I am not personally fond of the Duncan Designed 103B and 103N pups that are in the RX10D (they are supposed to be Korean copies of the Duncan Distortion pair, but not to my ears). The Floyd on the Japan-made RX10D is the Jackson JT580 which again to me is better than the JT500 used in the PS3T. The Indian RX10D had this crappy non-logo'd JT-500.

For specs, see

http://www.accessguitar.com/inventory/jackson/ps3t.html

and

http://www.onlinestagegear.com/brand...n/X/RX10D.HTML

Last edited by Mr Metal; 04-04-2008, 03:41 PM.

Comment

RX10D. Again as already said, I'd like to play it first. Mine was a great guitar. First Jackson I bought.

Comment

I dunno about all the PS3 bashing. The ones made in Japan (serial number starts with a 9) are actually pretty good minus the pickups. I like the feel of the necks on them better than x series, actually very similar to the charvel model series bolt-on neck feel. The RX is made of Basswood while the Jap PS3 is Alder (don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure about it) also, the PS3 has front pickguard mounted front routed controls 2 vol, 1 tone, and a 3way toggle, while the RX is rear routed with no pickguard and only 1vol and a 3way toggle. I wouldn't factor in the pickups in either as the both SUCK! But that's easily fixed....lol
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
            I dunno about all the PS3 bashing. The ones made in Japan (serial number starts with a 9) are actually pretty good minus the pickups. I like the feel of the necks on them better than x series, actually very similar to the charvel model series bolt-on neck feel. The RX is made of Basswood while the Jap PS3 is Alder (don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure about it) also, the PS3 has front pickguard mounted front routed controls 2 vol, 1 tone, and a 3way toggle, while the RX is rear routed with no pickguard and only 1vol and a 3way toggle. I wouldn't factor in the pickups in either as the both SUCK! But that's easily fixed....lol
            I've never played a PS3, and wasn't bashing them for sure. That is what I like about the RX though is the rear route, 1 vol, and no tone knob.

Comment

Working...
            X