Bridge preference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge preference

Ok, I'm curious about this. On a strat style guitar which of these 2 briges do you prefer
    Charvel Brass Hardtail
    64.62%
    Charvel Vintage trem
    35.38%

The poll is expired.

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

I've not played a Charvel hardtail, but I don't like the v-trem, so that made my decision for me!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Hardtail.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

v-trem.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I've never played a vintage brass hardtail Charvel, but I am a hardtail kind of guy.

Comment

If those were my absolute only choices, I would go hardtail. Those v trems seem like they would be a tuning nightmare. That's what has kept me from buying an actual Fender strat. I just love me some OFR.
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
              If those were my absolute only choices, I would go hardtail. Those v trems seem like they would be a tuning nightmare. That's what has kept me from buying an actual Fender strat. I just love me some OFR.
              Fender has made plenty of hardtail Strats. The humbuckers and the hardtail are the reason I bought mine.

Comment

hardtail all the way -
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Hardtail. I'm sure it's by my own short comings but I have never had any luck with
                  v-trems and avoid them as much as possible.
                  In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I know it's not an option for this poll (I didn't vote), but I would have to pass on them both.

Comment

v-trem all the way.
                      sigpic

Comment

As I'm a Floyd player, I'd have to vote hardtail as I don't trust V-Trems to stay in tune. I've got a couple of these which are basically locked down.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONWOLF View Post
                          As I'm a Floyd player, I'd have to vote hardtail as I don't trust V-Trems to stay in tune. I've got a couple of these which are basically locked down.
                          Did you ever get your Custom Shop back with the Floyd instead of the V-trem?

Comment

Hardtail
                            USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
                            USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

I'm a fixed bridge guy, but I would pick the v-trem one, cause it looks much better on a strat style guitar.
                              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                              X