Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HArd tail..

Comment

Fixed bridge, as the V trems don't stay in tune well. I like the look of hardtails more too.

Comment

Hardtail, for sure.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

V-trem. I can always lock it down if I want a hardtail.

Comment

For as many trem guitars as I've had (and loved), I really have gotten used to a hard tail guitar. Very handy when you break a string in the middle of a performance...not so much with trem guitars....

Comment

vintage trem coz it.s the classic. Not sure about tuning stability tho my 2 point strat trem works fine. Wouldn't mind particularly if i was forced to play hardtail. I could easily manage.

Comment

v-trem

Comment

Neither, 'cause I can't vote!
                  http://www.trevor-jordan.com/

Comment

Neither. A v-trem is obsolete, and the hardtail does not offer the versatility of a trem. Floyd Rose created the ultimate solution to the vintage-style tremolo. There's no logical reason to desire a v-trem. "Because it's olde skool" is the absolute least-logical reason I've ever heard.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Floyd wasn't a choice ...
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I like that Wilkinson tremelo, as found on GMW's and Carvins...that an
                        the Ibanez III is a good one. Hardtail with micro tuners would be it
                        if i could dream? From what ive read, you guys are really being cosmetic
                        ordering Charvels with Vintage trems! I guess its fun to play with what
                        Jimi had to put up with?

Comment

hardtail
                          my personal bridge ranking
                          1. hardtail
                          2. kahler pro a)fixed b)floating
                          3. tom a)strings through b)stop strings through c)1pc/wrap
                          4. v-trem sitting flat
                          5. unrecessed floyd that sits on body
                          6. any free floatin stuff

soundwise i really like unlocked floyd nuts on fixed bridges

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            Neither. A v-trem is obsolete, and the hardtail does not offer the versatility of a trem. Floyd Rose created the ultimate solution to the vintage-style tremolo. There's no logical reason to desire a v-trem. "Because it's olde skool" is the absolute least-logical reason I've ever heard.
                            a) not that i'm saying your comment was directed at me, but i meant 'old skool' as in the v trem is more of a classic charvel thing than a hardtail bridge...

b)actually a v trem is more subtle and you can get subtler scoops and dives than a floyd. its difficult to be very subtle with a floyd, whereas with a v trem you can giuve it a decent movement and still sound stubtle.

Comment

Can I vote for string-thru?
                              Scott

Comment

hardtail
                                "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                                X