No announcement yet.

Bridge preference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote for v-trem. I have both and on the hardtail I miss having a trem.

Comment

Charvel Brass Hardtail all the way. If I need a trem, it's a Floyd or Fender American Std. 2 post.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

yeah plus one on the 2 post. Works great

Comment

I'd like a hardtail/string-thru someday. Right now I have a Fender Vintage,Fender American Std bridge,a Charvel V-Trem,a Schaller Floyd & a Kahler Pro 2.(I also had the Fender hybrid Vintage/Pivoting trem too on my CP 60's)
          I don't have a Strathead Charvie,so maybe my next guitar will be a Strathead/Hardtail.
          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
            a) not that i'm saying your comment was directed at me, but i meant 'old skool' as in the v trem is more of a classic charvel thing than a hardtail bridge...
            Totally untrue. One of the things that was true charvel was heavy brass hardtail bridges. You don't see them very often because they weren't as popular but they most certainly set charvel apart from the rest
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
              Totally untrue. One of the things that was true charvel was heavy brass hardtail bridges. You don't see them very often because they weren't as popular but they most certainly set charvel apart from the rest
              This is the main reason that I would want one. That and the tuning instability of the v-trems.

Comment

v-trem with a strathead for me.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Hardtail for sure. Most people with a v-trem never use it anyway as a tremelo, so it's locked down and may as well be a hardtail. Not that fond of the look of them either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                    well if they're unpopular how can u call them classic?? the charvel v trem was visible on pretty much all the classic charvels you saw guys playing from that early 80s period

Comment

Again ...because charvel was known for HEAVY BRASS hardtails, not the stamped version that other companies used.
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I'd pick the v-trem because that guitar would be easier to put a Floyd on.

...but if I had to pick one to play "as is", I'd definitely pick the hardtail.

Comment

Any chance of pics of a charvel hard tail for reference to compare with the vtrem for looks?
                          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Think Jake E Lee.....

Comment

I might go for a v-trem on a strat-head but I suspect a v-trem with a pointy could be a tuning nightmare if you are even a moderate trem user. I posted this question in the USA Charvel section and that seemed to match opinions and experiences of a lot of guys in that thread.
                              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

i sitll disagree with kevin on the basis that for something to be truly classic it has to be popular...

Comment

Working...
                                X