Deal too good to be true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal too good to be true?

I was just casually looking at Dinkys and I noticed this one add that caught my eye. http://www.ksmusic.com/xcart/product.php?productid=551

Says it's a DKMGT in Cobalt Blue for $499. I haven't seen any lower than $679 elsewhere. I think I've read of "fake" brand guitars....guitars that are cheap ripoffs of what they claim to be. I know there are also some bad places to do business with out there. Just thought I'd ask around here for any thoughts on this.

Never owned a Jackson, but always loved playing my friend's Dinky. I think I'm going to cave in at some point at join the club

I would think it is legit. They are in the US so if you were to have problems they should easily be resolved. If you have questions call them. Their number is on the website.
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

I wonder if it's an older one with EMG HZs and the Turbocharger...

Comment

I thought maybe it could be older (and I wouldn't know what differences to really look for in older ones). But it does say EMG 81 and 85, which is a big selling point for me.

Comment

Looks like a good deal.

Comment

The pic shows its the older model. But the description says its the newer one with the real EMGs so who knows.
            Gil

Comment

Ok now I notice the extra knob in the pic. Is that for the "turbocharger" gain boost deal?

What would be any major differences in the older models? Just the HZ's?

Comment

The 3rd knob (push pull) for the turbo charger. And the HZ. other than that same guitar
                Gil

Comment

Get it and put whatever pickups you want in there. The gain thing is cool it's like having an OD pedal built into your guitar. I put one in my strat.

Comment

Working...
                  X