Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: -----HERE\'S SOME MORE-----

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Gpops:
    how do they actually make neck thru's?......do they just attach "wings"?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yep. check out that first pic. Necks and centrepiece of the body, waiting for wings to be attached.

But why cant you "distiguish" the center piece from the wings. look at the kv, the body looks all uniform, you cant tell that theres a center piece. how do they make it uniform?

Comment

yeh i noticed that after i posted, but they do a good job of matching the grain on the top.

Comment

On that KV...it looks as though the neck thru portion is cut to a V before the wings are glued on...my KV is completely different...the width of the wood continues through the guitar to the end and the wings are glued on. It's probably hard to understand what I'm saying.
        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
        RIP Dime

Comment

Newc, I have some pics of those necks as well. One says Play Metal! and the other says the owners name. They are custom shops, not limited edition production models.

Rudy
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

What are those 12th fret bar inlays? Another Special Edition like the '88?

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X