X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that's pretty sweet lookin.

Comment

Originally posted by surfdork View Post
      Yeah, Model 7 neck. And if you don't like the strat style pickups, it should be pool routed under the guard, so adding hums is pretty easy.
      Yes, it is.

Keeping my eye out for a black 1A so I can do the same thing with it. Maybe I'll try for a pearl white one after that.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
        FYI:
        1) The Model 4 does not have an active pickup. It's a passive pickup with an on-board preamp circuit.
        2) If you have a reverse headstock on your Model 1A then you actually have a mutt. The Model 1 and variants (meaning 1A and 1C - 1B is the bass) have a regular headstock with a maple fretboard.

As far as the guitar's sound, it's all subjective. The best advice I can give you is when you obtain it, play it for a while and then see what you want/can change. What sounds good to one person may sound like a gnat buzzing in someone else's ear.
        If you survived the earthquake last night, can you tell me what you mean by "REGULAR" headstock ?

Would that mean regular as in not reverse, but still pointy or the strat style rounded headstock.?

Comment

Originally posted by 9Lb Tongue View Post
          If you survived the earthquake last night, can you tell me what you mean by "REGULAR" headstock ?

Would that mean regular as in not reverse, but still pointy or the strat style rounded headstock.?
          Correct.
          The Model 1 never came with a reverse headstock.
          And yes, it was always a pointy.
          -Rick

Comment

Thanks for the 411...
            go spurs...:ROTF:

Comment

one more question....
              I'm wanting to switch out pick gaurds. I think a black one will look better than the one currently on .

This is a strat style body, so I am assuming this one from ebay will fit?
              It looks identical to me, the hole pattern, size, etc...

You can reference my first post to compare...

Thanks in advace....
              ps...I'm really loving this guitar...

Comment

The holes may not match up. You really can't eyeball these things without putting it on the guitar itself. If I were you, I'd have some dowel (or toothpicks) ready to fill and prepare to re-drill.

(FYI - I did survive the earthquake here... slept right through the damn thing)
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                  The holes may not match up. You really can't eyeball these things without putting it on the guitar itself. If I were you, I'd have some dowel (or toothpicks) ready to fill and prepare to re-drill.

(FYI - I did survive the earthquake here... slept right through the damn thing)
                  ..glad you survived, and thanks again for all you guys help. I really appreciate it.

hmmm....well, I don't know what to do now, as I don't want to waste 25 bucks for something that may or may not fit..
                  I think I'll just go to a local shop that stocks these and bring my guitar in tow to compare...
                  It still looks identical to me though. I tried to compare every angle and screw hole, and they seem to match, but from a picture, it's really not 100% accurate I suppose.
                  Last edited by 9Lb Tongue; 05-01-2008, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I think I'll just go to a local shop that stocks these and bring my guitar in tow to compare...
                    It still looks identical to me though. I tried to compare every angle and screw hole, and they seem to match, but from a picture, it's really not 100% accurate I suppose.
                    that's just what I did when I changed the guard on my Model 1A. Most pickguards weren't a good fit, more's the pity. But I eventually found one that fit on all but one hole, so the guitar only had to be drilled once. The less drilling the better in my book. Of course, that also means the contour of the new guard most closely matches that of the old one. Even though they're all strat-shaped, some guards are very different shapes & can look hinky if they don't sit right on your guitar.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I believe Allparts or some other parts companies could custom cut and drill a pickguard for you if you send them a full size tracing of the current pickguard, including the screw holes.
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                        I believe Allparts or some other parts companies could custom cut and drill a pickguard for you if you send them a full size tracing of the current pickguard, including the screw holes.
                        ...Or perhaps Budman may have something that will work and his quality is excellent
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                          ...Or perhaps Budman may have something that will work and his quality is excellent
                          My bad - I didn't know that was part of his offerings.

Give a fellow JCF-er your business.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                            My bad - I didn't know that was part of his offerings.

Give a fellow JCF-er your business.
                            oh Budman!!!!....where art thou...?

Comment

oh Budman!!!!....where art thou...?
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X