Replacement Bridge Pickup for A JJ1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Bridge Pickup for A JJ1

I’m thinking about replacing the bridge pickup in my JJ1. I want something a bit hotter than the Duncan JB that’s in the bridge position right now. Also because my jj1 has a Wilkinson trem, and the bridge pickup that’s in it right is not a trembucker, the pole pieces don’t really line up properly with the E strings. I have an EMG 81/85 set that I was going to put in this guitar but I really don’t want to replace all of the electronics as well as the pickups, and I really like the way the Duncan Jazz that’s in the neck position sounds clean. I’ve been leaning towards a Bill Lawrence L-500XL, I’m hoping that it would be a good choice a direct replacement for the JB (any thoughts?). Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on a good high output passive pickup replacement for a Duncan JB.

Re: Replacement Bridge Pickup for A JJ1

Sounds like you might want a Duncan Distortion. They're hotter than a JB and at least in my experience have a very warm midrange tone. The L500XL might not be the best thing since you lose a LOT of low end, but the output is sky high and it does sound good (I've got them in two of mine), just not as warm as a JB or Distortion.

Comment

Working...
    X