Pickups!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups!

If Jackson really is working on some new models, what are the pickup's you would like to se in them? H-H, H-S-S, S-S-S, X-U-D? Brand and type?
    Give your opinion!
    Tell me about it!

A range of layouts and a wide selection of brands and types.

But that may just be me.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I prefer single hum or H-S or H/S.

Don't we already have H-H and H-S-S?

Never liked S-S-S.

Brand / Type? JB's for everyone

Comment

they should do an HSH or HHH for fun!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Imo 2 hums are the best for everyone but the neck pup should be optional for anything they build.

1- normal hum
          2- slanted mini-hum
          3- no neck pup

So you would be able to get a USA soloist with 1 hum or H-S or H-H

Those would make the ultimate pup layout options for all the Jackson players imo
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

It would be kinda cool to se a SL3 with H-H, since there's no pro series neck through with this configration some binding would be nice to
            Tell me about it!

Comment

s/s/s: Dimarzio HS3s

h/h: Dual EMG 81s

h/s/s: SD TB4 with Hotrails
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

They should replace the JB with a Custom. I, and a lot of people I believe, find them better suited to most Jacksons. Could just be me though...

Comment

Originally posted by _koppen View Post
                  It would be kinda cool to se a SL3 with H-H, since there's no pro series neck through with this configration some binding would be nice to
                  SL4 had it. SL4 didn't sell. SL4 was dropped.

Then there's the RR5, Morton, and Demmel.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

SL4 had it. SL4 didn't sell. SL4 was dropped
                    I think the big problem with those was that they only had 22 fretts. You spend the extra money on a neck thru for that upper fret access and there are no frets to access.

Comment

Originally posted by pott View Post
                      They should replace the JB with a Custom. I, and a lot of people I believe, find them better suited to most Jacksons. Could just be me though...
                      Yep, it's just you

You've gone through a lot of pickups and pickup hacking. Custom is your favorite I take it?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        Brand / Type? JB's for everyone
                        Only if they're in mahogany bodies. If they're in anything else... yuck! :ROTF:
                        Though, they are better with 250k pots to tame the harsh treble and high mids.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          Yep, it's just you

You've gone through a lot of pickups and pickup hacking. Custom is your favorite I take it?
                          ONE of my favorites... And the one I believe is most likely to fill the bill. It's ballsier than the JB, but not hotter. It's hot, but not OTT. The low end is tight which suits metal players fine (some may not like it, just going by the majority there), and the lead voice is still decent. The pickup cuts, but it's chunky.

The JB has a flabby low end, a high mid spike which can give it a slightly honky sound in some setups...For a lot of people it's mostly a lead pickup, which could be argued is great for a guitar called a SOLOist... I just think the guitars could benefit from slightly more versatility from the box, if you see what I mean.

Again though... those are my tastes. But I do think there's some decent reasoning there

In a neck through guitar my favorite pickup was the Megadrive, then the Custom.
                          In Bolt on, Alternative 8, then Custom/FullShred.

Toejam is right, in an all alder or maple they may seem a little too bright. Maple tightens the sound though which is nice. The JB is a great pickup but to me it's a little too much of a one trick poney.

Comment

I'ld like to see s/s/s again its time more options than H/H & H/S/S.

Comment

Working...
                            X