new cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cases

hey guys who makes the new Jackson cases ? I got this case when I got my wrxt and it fits a rr a kelly a warrior a kv and a explorer , and no logo on the case either just a little rivited jackson guitars badge by the handle ? any one know who makes em ? is it still skb ? //Steve

Re: new cases

The case you have there is the Multifit case. Unless it has a G & G tag inside, it's an SKB.

Matt

Comment

Speaking of G&G, does anyone know how to get them? Matt, could you order one?

Comment

Here's a very important warning about those cases... DO NOT PUT A RHOADS IN THEM. In fact, REPLACE THE CASE RIGHT F**KING NOW. The last couple of guitars I looked over for warranty repairs were both RX10D's that were sent in for different reasons. Both had chipped upper fins when I opened the case up. The problem is that with the Rhoads, the upper fin is longer than on a King V or a Warrior. The foam that supports this fin at the end is way too thin, and since the guitar slides around in the case it can actually contact the plastic and metal inside the case. This is, as you might guess, BAD. I hate these cases. To put it frankly, they blow goat for fun and smell like asparagus-pee mixed with pesticide. When we got a big delivery in, the whole damn building smelled like that for weeks. I wish I could burn all of those things.... DAMN, they suck. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

*EDIT*
        And I think I should add [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

[ April 30, 2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Black Mariah ]

Comment

Any suggestions for a case for a bolt-on Rhoads? When I bought my NOS RR2, Guitar Center had done as they always do -- sold the case.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
            The case you have there is the Multifit case. Unless it has a G & G tag inside, it's an SKB.

Matt
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thanks Matt !!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] the dealer here doesn't know anything about em , he pretty much just getts the dist to fill out his order for him ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
              Here's a very important warning about those cases... DO NOT PUT A RHOADS IN THEM. In fact, REPLACE THE CASE RIGHT F**KING NOW. The last couple of guitars I looked over for warranty repairs were both RX10D's that were sent in for different reasons. Both had chipped upper fins when I opened the case up. The problem is that with the Rhoads, the upper fin is longer than on a King V or a Warrior. The foam that supports this fin at the end is way too thin, and since the guitar slides around in the case it can actually contact the plastic and metal inside the case. This is, as you might guess, BAD. I hate these cases. To put it frankly, they blow goat for fun and smell like asparagus-pee mixed with pesticide. When we got a big delivery in, the whole damn building smelled like that for weeks. I wish I could burn all of those things.... DAMN, they suck. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

*EDIT*
              And I think I should add [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thanks man I'll make sure I'll tell anyone selling a RR in one of those about em , who came up em man ? fender or Jackson [Ft Worth] ? it was a money saver I geuss cause it cost me 100 bucks less than the real wrxt case , and it holds the wrxt pretty tight and would hold a Kelly pretty tight as well [I haven't tryed it yet cause I have the ke3 case for my kelly] anyway thanks B.M. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] you guys are the best !!! //Steve

Comment

........oh yeah I don't think it's a skb cause it's a little fatter [thickness] than my other one but I can't find that G G tag or stamp anywere , I can take a pic of it if one of you can host it and post it for me ? I'll see if Dave can do it for me .//Steve

Comment

asparagus pee mixed with pesticide! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Geeze, you mean that's what I've been huffing all these years? I just love the smell of a new Jackson hardshell case. I once slept in one to keep the fragrance going all night long! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Steve, you mean to say you saved $100 by getting that multi fit case?! Shoot, the SKB form fitting Rhoads case is $119 brand new, and on eBay for around $75, all day long! I hope the dealer didn't take you for a ride on it...
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                    asparagus pee mixed with pesticide! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Geeze, you mean that's what I've been huffing all these years? I just love the smell of a new Jackson hardshell case. I once slept in one to keep the fragrance going all night long! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Steve, you mean to say you saved $100 by getting that multi fit case?! Shoot, the SKB form fitting Rhoads case is $119 brand new, and on eBay for around $75, all day long! I hope the dealer didn't take you for a ride on it...
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah man the warrior case was 250 + tax up here in canada and the one I got was 139 + tax , Canada sucks right now for new guitars or for cases , cause our dollar is worthless ! lol !! //Steve

Comment

[/QUOTE]thanks man I'll make sure I'll tell anyone selling a RR in one of those about em , who came up em man ? fender or Jackson [Ft Worth] ?[/QUOTE]

We started using them in Fort Worth a couple of months before the buyout. It holds Kellys and Warriors fairly well, but V's and Rhoads it does not like much.

asparagus pee mixed with pesticide! [LOL] Geeze, you mean that's what I've been huffing all these years? I just love the smell of a new Jackson hardshell case. I once slept in one to keep the fragrance going all night long! [Cool]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not talking about the GOOD cases here. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, it's a stupid thing to say but those cases smell nice. I'm talking about the newer cheapass cases that make ammonia seem like a pleasant fragrance.

Comment

Once I get my New SL2H in, first thing I do is buy a G&G Case, I love those cases. I will be selling my big yucky plasticy one once I get a G&G for it. I have a 1993 USA Soloist Archtop with a G&G, I love the guitar and the case, what a nice fit. Jack.

Comment

Speaking of "nice fits" did I mention to you guys I'm very good at getting big things to fit in small places?

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                            Speaking of "nice fits" did I mention to you guys I'm very good at getting big things to fit in small places?

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                              To put it frankly, they blow goat for fun and smell like asparagus-pee mixed with pesticide.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AHA! I recently bought a used RR1 and it came with a non-logoed case just like you describe. I wondered if it was an "original" Jackson case or some cheap copy. And HOLY SHIOT IT STINKS! I thought the former owner had smoked joints in that case or prepared indian curry in it! Asparagus! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well, now i know - my case is normal [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                              Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                              X