No announcement yet.

What is your Favorite Bolt On Jackson/Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I don't have a favorite bolt-on of my own, I'm just gonna go with Jack's Napalm Burst Bengal on looks alone. Simply amazing.
    Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
    This is by far my favorite bolt-on.

Comment

Good one, Robert!

(The Bad Horsie pictured has trotted off to greener pastures and is now in Robert's stable). I need to take some updated pics.

Comment

I can't pick a favorite. I definitely prefer bolt-on to neck-thru or set-neck, but there are few things that make certain guitars my top choices for gigging and recording. For example, I prefer a raw/oiled neck with 24 frets, reverse headstock, MOP inlays, ebony fretboard with jumbo frets, three-way pickup toggle, hardtail fixed bridge (not TOM) and pretty specific pickups. However, most of my guitars don't have ALL of those features. My JDX-94 Concepts are all made in the same year, but some have clearcoat on the neck. My USA DR-2 sounds awesome, but has only 22 frets and weighs a ton. Several of my guitars have JBs in the bridge, and even though there are pickups I would much rather use for recording or with certain rigs, the JBs are consistent across the board.

In terms of playability, my Stealth TH-2 with no-name pickups, 22 frets, fulcrum trem and "ebonized" rosewood board is probably at the top, despite meeting almost none of my criteria.

Other favorites are my modded JDX-94s and Dinky RVS/DR-3 mutt:

sigpic

Comment

my bullseye! IMO they really hit the mark with these!

Comment

Originally posted by thenine View Post
            my bullseye! IMO they really hit the mark with these!

http://www.users.qwest.net/~wj15/current/Charvel/bull_full.jpg
            I would say that you're comments are right on target!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice axe brother!

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

Usa

U.S.A. all the way
              Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

The only bolt on I have is a model 4 and the neck is so thin. I prefer neck thru's or set necks.

Comment

My fav :

A Dinky Archtop in Emerald Green. Amazing sound, amazing guitar. Just perfect!
                  Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

Depends on my mood, but it's one of these two.

Wish I could take better pics.
                    Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

HRF jackson strat, cant wait till i get the fret work done. i find myself playing that one or the musikraft mutt more than anyothers. the mutt never gets put away.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        got a pic? I thought the Fusion HH was a Jackson. It was mahogany with 2 hums & a toggle switch. A 2 hum Charvel Fusion in swamp ash with a 5-way blade selector would be a Fusion Plus, wouldn't it?
                        My bad. Right you are!

Comment

zebutcher, that CS Archtop Dinky is amazing. I would love to see the CS Koa Archtop Dinky listed in your sig, too.

Comment

I'd have to say my JS30RR project (added DXMG neck and SD Distortion set)......

.......I've swapped out the black tuners for chrome and added chrome p'up rings since these pics were taken, and I'm toying with the idea of getting some chrome pinstriping tape and doing the bevels too.....
                            I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Alvin_Wilson is that the same guitar that Steve Via played in crossroads?

Comment

You cannot beat any '84-'87 Charvel or Jackson Strat.

They are all very good and consistent...but if I had to pick one specific bolt-on it would be this one.

I MAY be somewhat biased

Lots of history, mojo and tone with a neck to die for.

Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 05-08-2008, 11:14 PM.
                                Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Working...
                                X