Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found A VINTAGE Charvel Body - LOOK!

Hi All, I'm new here.

I just scored a very old Charvel body... Really Old! There were some '72 Fender Strat parts attached to it... neck, trem, neck plate, etc. It was found in Milford, NH at a little tiny music store.

This one came from Wayne's original shop in Azusa, CA...
    My guess is that this is the same exact build as EVH's original Frankenstein.
    It's Ash (not light but not an anchor) and the contours are similar to Frankenstein where the edges are more squared off.

What do the experts have to say on this? Any help is appreciated!

I'm not an expert, but it appears the bridge was mounted twice, and wrong both times.

It'll make a nice clock, though.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Could make a very cool relic! Didn't EVH get his body from Linn Ellsworth though?
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Cool man, loads of mojo in that body.
        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Awesome as hell, nice find.
          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

The bridge hole damage sucks but that's an easy fix... My guess is that there were once two different bridges on there, the last one being shorter from front to back. Whoever installed the 2nd bridge (the '72 Strat bridge) was lazy or careless and just let the drill go all the way through to the spring cavity. Then they glued match sticks in the old holes.

I was gonna make my own super strat out of it but I'm sure hardcore Charvel fans would call that butchering. So I may put it on Ebay when I get back home from tour... I'm sure I'll need the money by then.

I emailed pics to Wayne & Michael Charvel a week ago but never heard back.
            My guess is that either Linn Ellsworth made this body before he started Boogie Bodies or Wayne made it himself before he worked with Linn.

Comment

Kinda cool I like it just the way it is.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                Kinda cool I like it just the way it is.

+1, that thing has a ton of mojo. now it needs a worn maple boarded neck.

Comment

BangCamaro - I agree with some of the others that it looks pretty cool as-is. Install a bridge, some pickups, and a guard and then locate an appropriate neck and it would look like a great guitar with honest-to-goodness relic-ing. If you do decide to rout the body for a bridge 'bucker, that's your choice and you wouldn't be the first person to do something like that, after all.
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Little mom and pop music stores are where you find this stuff.Good score.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I check that store once a week... never saw this one!!!!
                      (Harvey's, right?)
                      GRRRRRRRRRR!
                      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                      --floydkramer

Comment

Bang Camaro... I saw a clip of you guys on MTV over the weekend. Cool.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                          I check that store once a week... never saw this one!!!!
                          (Harvey's, right?)
                          GRRRRRRRRRR!
                          No... it's called Indie Music. The drummer in my other band actually owns it and he gave me the body. He's ebaying the other parts.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            Bang Camaro... I saw a clip of you guys on MTV over the weekend. Cool.

thanks man!

-Mike

Comment

Wow, yeah, I'd put a relic together. That's an early Nitro lacquer finish on that one.
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X