I got my 650XL in the mail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my 650XL in the mail!

Hey everyone, I just got my red 650XL that i bought off of Charvel750. Let me tell you, this thing rocks!! I'm in love with the 650XL's!! This is my 3rd one!! I also want to say how great of a seller Charvel750 is. This is the second thing i've bought from him, and you can really see that he cares about the gear, he packs things like there going out to war!! I wish i could post some pic's, but i odnt have a host. there are pic's of when he had it in the gallery. Thanks Charvel750!!!

Re: I got my 650XL in the mail!

Thanks for the compliments, John. It's mutual, I appreciate your responsibility and honesty as a buyer. Those pics above were taken prior to the pickup change, but it's the same guitar. Guys, do yourself a favor and get one of these before John buys them all up! For all practical purposes, they are Jackson Soloists! No lie, they play, sound, feel, and look like their bigger brothers, but are a fraction of the cost.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thank you Joe! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I've been interested in a 650 xl, how much do they go for in mint condition? charvel750, do you have another?

Comment

They go on eBay for about $400-$550 in mint condition, But it really depends on who or were you buy it from. The first one I ever bought was at a guitar center for $265.00!! Those idiot's could have gotten at least $450 for that thing!
          They really are awesome guitars though, and like Charvel750 said, they are basically soloists without the ebony fretboard!!

[ April 30, 2003, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: john ]

Comment

Joe is an amazing guy! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Gpops:
              I've been interested in a 650 xl, how much do they go for in mint condition? charvel750, do you have another?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you?... well, if you shoot me and run a very heavy car over my dead body about ten times, you are welcome to have mine!... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I made the mistake of putting her for sale two weeks ago and I got one e-mail for her!... it was John but then he thought mine looked "too flashy"... I dont mind it, actually I think it looks awesome... gotta love the eighties dude!... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

What pickups were installed on this one?... that looks killer!...

[ April 30, 2003, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

The single's are stacked Jackson/Armstong, and the humbucker is a J-50. All the pickups really do sound awesome in it! I was originaly thinking about putting an EMG 1 and two S/A's, but after i got to plug it in i thought to myself, "I'm not touching these pickups, there great!!"

Comment

The clip "Stupid little ballad" in the mp3 section is recorded with the neck/mid singles of my Charvel 650XL, which were replaced using SAs... I swear by their sound!... I am also a "EMG guitar expander" advocate...

[ April 30, 2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Hey rodrigo,
                    Does that EMG expander help out alot? How does it make a big difference on the EMG's if you have one? I have the same EMG pickup setup as you in another one of my 650XL's, and im just wondering if it would be worth my while to pick one up. Thanks!

Comment

The guitar expander is just a little equalizer circuit that is pre-shaped like a "V"... the knob makes the V shallower or deeper... I really hear the difference.. I find it gives my single pickups that "bellish" sound that people talk so much about... I dont get taht without the EXG, I have tried it.

Oh, god that guitar is beautiful!... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[ May 01, 2003, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Beautiful axe! Congratulations! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I know the EXACT feeling you have!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I just got my Chavel 650 Custom in the mail on Saturday from Swillmaster!! Totally cherry!! Quite possibly my favorite of my guitars!! I want like 5 more already. Even went through the same deliberation about changing pickups, but I LIKE the fact that it doesn't sound like my other Jacksons with EMG's in them.

Comment

again, I mandate that you all go to the mp3 submissions section and check out the clip recorded with my 650XL...

give me you opinion of the tone and other stuff, please!...

Comment

rodrigo, so when can i run you over with a car? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X