I got my 650XL in the mail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I got my 650XL in the mail!

What are the main differences between that guitar and a model 6? They look the same to me.
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

Originally posted by Joel Drabicki:
      What are the main differences between that guitar and a model 6? They look the same to me.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The 5 way switch. The model 6 had 3 individual switches for on and off for each pickup.
      Dave->
      NICE 650 bud!!!!!!!
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

So they're the same guitar, but with different pup selectors? That's wacky
        RIP Dime

Comment

Joel, the model 6 was the precurser of the 650. Essentially, the 650 was a slightly improved version. The Model 6 did not have a matching headstock, it did not have the (better) Schaller trem, but instead the Kahler Pro in 1986 and the JT-6 (oh dear) until 1989. I believe the Model 6 did not have the allen wrench holder on the back of the headstock. And it didn't have a true Floyd locking nut. So the 650 is without a doubt better...
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

that's a beautiful axe, congrats on the new addition. i don't see all that many red guitars around these days (trans finishes in vogue) but that sure looks killer, great color. looks like it plays like buttah. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

solid guitar at a great price.

Why cant I ever find one of those.

Comment

Thanks for the info Joe! Sounds like a 650 is the way to go for someone looking for an import comparable to a US Soloist.
                Gemini...it seems like the 650's are sorta rare. I'm guessing they were only made for a few years in the early 90's. I haven't seen many around myself...but I haven't been looking for them.
                RIP Dime

Comment

I also have a red 650 myself. I bought it on ebay, from an Italian seller.

It's the third guitar I ever have. I've never played an American guitar, but I this one blows away anything I have ever tested (Jackson Fusion SX, Jackson DX10, Ibanez RG570 and a couple of low cheapass strat ripoffs).

It even sounds amazing when not plugged in. It even arrived in tune when I received it from Italy (I live in Spain). My only complaint is the Jackson J50BC bridge pickup. It sounds a bit muddy and it's not very hot. Or maybe I have been used to playing EMGs [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ May 03, 2003, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: agresivo ]

Comment

agresivo, I am with ya there... you are much better pff replacing the bridge by an 85 or an 81...

Comment

Working...
                    X