Is This real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This real?

I googles the new Demmeliion King V to get an idea of the price, and this came up http://www.interstatemusic.com/webap...ctId=900217593

Which didnt make any sense, neck through pro series signiture for $720?

That's interesting... I guess as long as it's not below MAP, they can advertise it at that price.
    -Rick

Comment

That's well below MAP. Probably a typo. I wouldn't hold out much hope that they'd actually sell one at that price. Let alone the wait for them being on special order.

Order one up, and I'd guess they'll cancel the sale after seeing the error. Or, even worse, they won't cancel it, and just leave you hanging in limbo forever for a guitar that will never show.

Comment

That price seems more like dealer cost. It'd be strange if they're letting it go for that.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If I had ANY extra coin, I'd try and squeeze one out of them at that price. Best bet is this: Don't try and order online. Call them at their Main phone (toll free) 1-877-213-2580 with the page up on your pc. Tell them that you can't get their checkout to work and you want to place your order over the phone. Have the rep go to the same page you're viewing for the info, specs, price. Chances are the rep won't be familiar with the model since it's new so he "should" take the order before any red flags go up. Make sure they send a confirmation of order/deposit/payment. Once they take and payment be it in full or deposit they HAVE to honor the price. It falls under the Bait and Switch regulations. This can work as I've personally benefitted from a similar situation back in 2001 when I bought my car. I was searching for a possible leftover 2000 Ram Air Trans Am when I stumbled across a brand new 2001 Ram Air Trans Am 6-speed priced at $26,500. I immediately put a $100 deposit on my Amex over the phone and got a recipt/confirmation e-mail. The next day I went to the dealership with my recipt and found the car on the lot by VIN#. It turned out to be a "Hurst Edition" Ram Air with a sticker price of just over $34,000 on the window. The salesman I spoke to over the phone who took my deposit tried to say he quoted me the wrong car and that it was for an automatic Formula. Needless to say I cried bait and switch, got the Better Business Bureau and an attorney involved and things worked out in my favor. I indeed paid $26,500 for it (still my daily driver) So give it a shot I say!
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
            If I had ANY extra coin, I'd try and squeeze one out of them at that price. Best bet is this: Don't try and order online. Call them at their Main phone (toll free) 1-877-213-2580 with the page up on your pc. Tell them that you can't get their checkout to work and you want to place your order over the phone. Have the rep go to the same page you're viewing for the info, specs, price. Chances are the rep won't be familiar with the model since it's new so he "should" take the order before any red flags go up. Make sure they send a confirmation of order/deposit/payment. Once they take and payment be it in full or deposit they HAVE to honor the price. It falls under the Bait and Switch regulations. This can work as I've personally benefitted from a similar situation back in 2001 when I bought my car. I was searching for a possible leftover 2000 Ram Air Trans Am when I stumbled across a brand new 2001 Ram Air Trans Am 6-speed priced at $26,500. I immediately put a $100 deposit on my Amex over the phone and got a recipt/confirmation e-mail. The next day I went to the dealership with my recipt and found the car on the lot by VIN#. It turned out to be a "Hurst Edition" Ram Air with a sticker price of just over $34,000 on the window. The salesman I spoke to over the phone who took my deposit tried to say he quoted me the wrong car and that it was for an automatic Formula. Needless to say I cried bait and switch, got the Better Business Bureau and an attorney involved and things worked out in my favor. I indeed paid $26,500 for it (still my daily driver) So give it a shot I say!
            That sales person probably lost their job over that too.

Comment

There was a woman ready to take my credit card number this morning for the price of $720.00 if I would have bought it this morning for $720 I wonder if they would have had to honor it? I just called about it this evening and was told it was an error and the waiting time is mid June. The price is $1249.00

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                There was a woman ready to take my credit card number this morning for the price of $720.00 if I would have bought it this morning for $720 I wonder if they would have had to honor it? I just called about it this evening and was told it was an error and the waiting time is mid June. The price is $1249.00
                Once they take payment they HAVE to.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                X