Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any DK2M players here?

Hi there,

Some advice please. Im thinking of buying a DK2M in black, i've read some reviews & most sound positive but id like to get a second opinion before i make a purchase. Unfortunately theres no Jackson dealers in my area for miles so im relying on reviews & opinions.

Thanks

Matty

pretty good from what i've heard... quite a few ppl here have 1

Comment

Solid guitar. Weakest link is the trem, which isn't really weak it's just not bulletproof like an OFR.

Comment

Excellent guitar. I've had no problems with mine. The trem is fine as far as I'm concerned. Definately a player! I like the sound of the maple fretboard moreso than rosewood....sounds brighter. The duncans are great as well.
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up guys, thats just about sealed it for me..

Cheers

Matty

Comment

Nothing but good things to say about mine. For what it's worth, I bought mine when they first came out in 2006, and my newest Jackson prior to that is a `97 USA model. The DK2M (and the upgraded imports starting in `06) are among the better things Jackson has put out in recent years.
            sigpic

Comment

I loved my DK2M (EDS finish). It was so good, it didn't even need a setup - the ONLY Jackson I've bought that came in the box like this. Problem is I want the limited white bengal version and they're not easy to find.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I have a DK2 in Hot Wheel Flames. I swapped out the Duncan Design pickups in the bridge and neck with a Duncan Custom Custom and a Dimarzio Fast Track, left the stock pickup in the middle. It plays and sounds just fine. As others have stated, an OFR would be better but I can live with the stock trem. I think the newer DK2's already have real Duncans in them now from the factory so you may not need to swap anything.
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  I loved my DK2M (EDS finish). It was so good, it didn't even need a setup - the ONLY Jackson I've bought that came in the box like this. Problem is I want the limited white bengal version and they're not easy to find.
                  There's one on eBay right now. No link, just search it.
                  Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                  www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I've had a white DK2M since last fall. I highly recommend that you NOT buy one sight unseen unless you know who you are getting it from and have them look it over very well. Some of the DK2M's have poorly cut neck pockets and either the pockets aren't very tight or the neck sits across the pocket unevenly resulting in one of the E string sides being very low or very high. The Guitar Center near me had 4 DK2M's on the wall when I got mine and all of them had this issue. I requested a new/in-the-box guitar and mine was fine.

As for the trem, it's not perhaps the sturdiest one ever made but it works well enough in my experience thus far. I wouldn't mind having a good OFR but I don't feel the need to drop the cash right now. The Duncan pickups (JB and Jazz) are pretty good, too. I have an RR5 with the same pickups and I'm amazed at how different they sound in the two guitars, which is probably due in large part to how the neck attaches to each guitar and obviously the difference in bridges.

The neck profile on the DK2M isn't like a paper-thin Ibanez Wizard. It's got a nice, round profile that fits in my hand pretty nicely. The fret work on my guitar is pretty good, too, especially for the price.

I hope that info helps.
                    Last edited by fuel0707; 05-20-2008, 02:53 PM.
                    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty35 View Post
                      Thanks for the heads up guys, thats just about sealed it for me..

Cheers

Matty
                      is this rc.net matty? welcome, sir!

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

If you are still looking I've got one in Great shape for sale. Check the classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by spldb120 View Post
                          If you are still looking I've got one in Great shape for sale. Check the classifieds.
                          http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81878
                          Matty35 is located in the UK - are you willing to ship there? Your ad mentions shipping in the CONUS.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                            is this rc.net matty? welcome, sir!

sully

Yep its me, how ya doing bro?

Cheers

Matty..

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                              I've had a white DK2M since last fall. I highly recommend that you NOT buy one sight unseen unless you know who you are getting it from and have them look it over very well. Some of the DK2M's have poorly cut neck pockets and either the pockets aren't very tight or the neck sits across the pocket unevenly resulting in one of the E string sides being very low or very high. The Guitar Center near me had 4 DK2M's on the wall when I got mine and all of them had this issue. I requested a new/in-the-box guitar and mine was fine.

As for the trem, it's not perhaps the sturdiest one ever made but it works well enough in my experience thus far. I wouldn't mind having a good OFR but I don't feel the need to drop the cash right now. The Duncan pickups (JB and Jazz) are pretty good, too. I have an RR5 with the same pickups and I'm amazed at how different they sound in the two guitars, which is probably due in large part to how the neck attaches to each guitar and obviously the difference in bridges.

The neck profile on the DK2M isn't like a paper-thin Ibanez Wizard. It's got a nice, round profile that fits in my hand pretty nicely. The fret work on my guitar is pretty good, too, especially for the price.

I hope that info helps.

Thanks for the input friend, this is a bit of a worry since im so dead set on getting one. Im hoping these were just a bad bunch that got through, has any of the other DK2M players here noticed this with theirs?

Cheers

Matty..

Comment

Working...
                              X