Another PC1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another PC1?

Okay, I just got a Gibson LP classic and all I can compare it to is my PC1. I know "apples to oranges" but I can't seem to bond with the Gibby. Am I insane, or should I get another PC1 or soloist? I already have a Gretsch for my "vintage" moments. I just thought the lp would round out my arsenal. Any suggestions?
    What has 9 arms and 10 legs? Def Leppard

First off I'd give yourself a few weeks with the Gibson: no point selling a guitar and loosing money without giving it a chance. After that, who knows - try out some different things and see what works for you...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

A Les Paul definetly has a different feel to it than a PC1. neilli's advice of giving it some time before offing it sounds reasonable to me. Then if you still don't like it, sell it. The PC1 is a great guitar, you can't be faulted for wanting another. I'd like another myself but I also like my Les Pauls too. The Jacksons are easier for me to play because thats what I'm used to too.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Yeah, I know I should give it some time and I actually can sell it for what I bought it for (killer deal) , but with my other keepers, I just instantly couldn't put them down. The lp is more of a take it or leave it feel. i guess I expect more from a guitar in its price range. There's no flaws, I picked out a good one, just kind of underwhelmed.

Comment

The short scale on LP's throws me everytime.
          I love the weight and balance of a "good" LP, but the scale still throws me.
          I find myself having to watch my finger placement when I play one.
          -Rick

Comment

That's one thing I have going for me is that I can switch scale lengths and not be phased by it. Unfortunately, this is my only real talent when it comes to guitars

Comment

if you arent happy with it, get rid of it and get another PC1...
              it all boils down to are you happy with the guitar.

but dont sell it if you think you might regret it
              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Definitely give it time. Some guitars have "grown" on me with time. But also don't feel guilty if you later decide "yep, this still isn't for me". I have yet to play a LP that I've wanted to keep, myself. Doesn't mean one isn't out there that I'll love. But I just haven't met it yet. In the meantime, nothing wrong with putting your money into something else that you'd prefer.

Comment

After a couple of days, it's not too bad. Does anyone have a feedback problem with their lesters? Maybe it's the "weight relief chambers"? If it wasn't for this issue, I'd be sold on keeping it.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    The short scale on LP's throws me everytime.
                    I love the weight and balance of a "good" LP, but the scale still throws me.
                    I find myself having to watch my finger placement when I play one.
                    I am reverse of that. The PC1 throws me off. The neck is as long as an airport landing strip. I love them though, but I grew up on Gibson's and Gibson LP's. I still play the PC1's once and awhile.

What makes you happy, I'd go with.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

My LP does have feedback issues, but that's because of the bad wiring job I did when I replaced the bridge pickup with a 500T, and I think I baked the volume knob in the process.

Still, it gets this freaky sound when I roll it off and max the gain and run a Flanger - kinda like a haunted rusty swingset
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                      X