Jackson AT-1...need some quick help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson AT-1...need some quick help

$550 or so fair for one of these? Has Made in USA on headstock, but the fretboard almost looks rosewood...thought they were ebony?

Any thoughts? Were there some Sam Ash or Musician's Friend specials out there that were USA and are different?

Also a TOM bridge.

Vass

The AT-1T was the fixed bridge version. No inlays on the neck, very thick ebony board (if it looks like Rosewood it might be dry/faded), no binding. Very thick/round bolt-on neck. 3x3 headstock, although a few snuck out with a 4x2. $550 is a fair price and definitely worth it if you like the guitar. I had one and liked the tone, but the neck was a bit too thick for me.

Comment

Thanks- Great info on the neck. Not a big fan of the ballbat, so think I'll give it a pass.

Vass

Comment

I had an import AT2T (rosewood board, basswood body) and last year finally landed an AT1 with the shortlived 4x2 headstock. Yep, the neck is quite fat compared to every other Jackson I own, and frankly the pickups aren't what most people would be looking for from a Jackson either, so I'm not surprised that these never really took off. Nice guitars though, if the features are what you're looking for.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X