X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For a Jake E Lee Guitar

Hi all,

I'd like to start by saying great site you have here

Apologies if i'm posting in the wrong section. What i'm looking for is a Jake E Lee guitar. I've read around the net & found out that there used to be replica Jake guitars made once over (ESP i think it was i seen).

I'd love a Jake replica guitar, especially his white one, but i can't find anything anywhere. Can you guys point me in the right direction at all?

What would be even better, would be a guitar that Jake actually owned. I think i read that he sold a lot of his guitars off years ago. Does anyone here actually own one? can anyone help me with this as well?

Many thanks

Welcome

Well Mattsmusic has some cool guitars check there(links up top).. otherwise unless you're a paying member you aren't allowed to solicit here ...
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
      Welcome

Well Mattsmusic has some cool guitars check there(links up top).. otherwise unless you're a paying member you aren't allowed to solicit here ...
      Thanks for the advice on Mattsmusic, i'll check it out.

Do i have to pay some sort of subscription fee if i want to post in these forums?

Comment

Build your own.

Comment

Originally posted by sanders83 View Post

Do i have to pay some sort of subscription fee if i want to post in these forums?

yeah $20 for 1 year ..it's on the top of the forum ..

Here's a few of mine

Not a jake but snow white with a bullet truss .. got it at Matts

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Sweeeeeeet!

Comment

Love the white / black!!!!!!!
              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by sanders83 View Post

What he means is that you cannot post in the Classifieds unless you're a paying member, and that posting things like "looking to buy" or "looking to sell" is not allowed outside of the classifieds.

You can post in any other section about anything else within the rules (read them) without being a paying member.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That B/W one really IS sharp ! Is that an ebony board ?

I've been thinkin' about a Jake clone lately, too. It'd be great to have it be a Charvel, but I'm probably gonna use a different brand and make it look like Jake's white one.
                  I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Use a 3-bolt Fender Strat like Jake did.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      What he means is that you cannot post in the Classifieds unless you're a paying member, and that posting things like "looking to buy" or "looking to sell" is not allowed outside of the classifieds.

You can post in any other section about anything else within the rules (read them) without being a paying member.
                      Got you mate, thanks for the clarification. My bad for not reading the rules

Comment

Mayday,

Those guitars are quality. May i ask where you got them from? That's exactly the sort of guitar i'm looking for

Comment

The blue one is an original 86. It had a swimming pool route so it was easy to gturn the pickups. The guard on it was made for one of Jakes guitars ..

The purple is an employee late 90's model. It has the etched flatplates and is serialized in the charvel logs.

The white one was a run I did through Matt's It is an Ebony board, snow white, bulleted trussrod, Black hardtail with sst saddles and features a swimming pool route if you wanted to change it from H/S/S to H/H or any number of configurations ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                            The blue one is an original 86. It had a swimming pool route so it was easy to gturn the pickups. The guard on it was made for one of Jakes guitars ..

The purple is an employee late 90's model. It has the etched flatplates and is serialized in the charvel logs.

The white one was a run I did through Matt's It is an Ebony board, snow white, bulleted trussrod, Black hardtail with sst saddles and features a swimming pool route if you wanted to change it from H/S/S to H/H or any number of configurations ...
                            Could you explain what you mean by swimming pool route please? Is that something to do with slanting the pickups?

Are these pretty close to Jake's guitars?

Comment

Well the purple one is almost spot on, I say spot because it is almost impossible to get the humbucker he used. The white one was never intended to be a jake. Like his it does't have a bullet truss, and a hardtail. This guitar has ebony on it.

Swimming pool route is a rectangular route that allows you to put any configuration pickup in any position

Comment

Working...
                              X