Looking For a Jake E Lee Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
    Well the purple one is almost spot on, I say spot because it is almost impossible to get the humbucker he used. The white one was never intended to be a jake. Like his it does't have a bullet truss, and a hardtail. This guitar has ebony on it.

Swimming pool route is a rectangular route that allows you to put any configuration pickup in any position
    Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Sorry for all the questions, but do you think Mattsmusic would be able to help me out with one of these?

If becoming a member would help me out a bit more, then i don't mind doing that. I'm not the type of person who goes looking for help/advice without being appreciative

Comment

Be a member because it's worth it on it's own Matt is going to do right by you regardless.

Vass

Comment

Click the "Matt's Music" banner at the top of the page - then click Charvel/Jackson on his website. The White Jake E Lee "Type" guitar is the first listed.

Comment

Here is a sample of pool rout. If you want to build a replica I can help you out. Just let me know.

Comment

That black and white charvel really does something for me. Can someone remind me why it looks so much like a fender?

Comment

bullet truss rod
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                bullet truss rod
                And the front recessed jack plate.
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                  That black and white charvel really does something for me. Can someone remind me why it looks so much like a fender?
                  because it IS a modified fender hardtail strat

Comment

Someone here might be more knowledgeable of Jake's Black and White guitar, but I thought I had read that the guitar was ALL Fender. If memory serves me correctly, Jake worked at a music store saving money to buy a Strat. When he finally had enough money he played every Strat in the store and found the hardtail to be the best sounding and playing guitar. Years later, he changed the pickup configuration and had the guitar repainted by an employee of Charvel. The employee also put the Charvel sticker on the headstock. This seems to make sense to me due to the 3 bolt neck, the bullet truss rod, and I believe most of the Charvels at that time had 2-1/4" neck heels - which would not fit a standard start neck pocket without modification. Anyway, someone chime in if you have more info.

Comment

strathead charvels were 2 3/16 back then ..

Yes Jakes guitar started out as pure fender hence the 3 bolt plate. When it was charvelized it was painted, headstock shaves, neck shaved, new decal, new pickguard and pickups etc ... So how much of it is really fender and how much is really charvel.
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

i found an old guitar FTPM mag with Jake & his blue & purple bursts. they almost look like full sized strats but with a tele/soloist type edge. definitely not as rounded as a normal strat.

Comment

yeah they are all charvel

Comment

I absolutely love the purple one.
                            Remember the Guitar for practicing musician with that (well one like it and Jake) on the cover?
                            Please put me on the list of those that would buy it in a heartbeat if you ever become disinterested in it.
                            http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

Beautiful guitars. I too dig the white/black one.
                              Last edited by DocNrock; 06-09-2008, 02:45 PM.
                              The Guitars:
                              Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                              The Amps:
                              Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Working...
                              X