Identify this Charvel! and help on trade PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify this Charvel! and help on trade PICS

Hey guys I just joined so I'm gunna post a thread. I set up a deal with this guy and I have 2 main issues
    Issue 1
    What the hell is this?

Sorry for the big pics. The guy I've connected with just told me it's a Charvel Rhoads style which doesn't really cut it for me. Is this a parts guitar? What kind of wood is the body?

It has some dents and dings around the edges but it looks beautiful. I was told it was made in the 90's sometime. And that is pretty much all the info I have on it.

Issue 2
    This deal I set up is a trade. I'm trading an ESP LTD M200FM w/DiMarzio EVO2 in the bridge and killswitch installed. Guitar seen here:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tar?sku=516679
    In black. So is it a fare trade? Please don't be partial to the Charvel I really want a fair judgement. Thank you for any help!!!

-Marsh
    Gear:
    Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
    Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
    Ibanez RG320
    Ensanada Acoustic
    Peavey Bandit 112
    Soon to Be:
    Pedals!

Charvel Avenger... Early 90's made in Japan.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
      Charvel Avenger... Early 90's made in Japan.
      Ok we have a name thank you. And Japan is very very good. This is working out in my favor.
      Gear:
      Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
      Ibanez RG320
      Ensanada Acoustic
      Peavey Bandit 112
      Soon to Be:
      Pedals!

Comment

Body is basswood.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

I have heard the trems and pickups suck on the avengers. Hard choice for me. now if you have the previous version of the esp the m302 it would be the esp all the way, but indonesian made guitars just don't do it for me. I am no help sorry.

Comment

Try the LTD before you buy. I had one of them which turned out to be really low quality. Especially check the fretwork and the bridge alignment. The hardware was not good either. Judging by the one I had, I'd say you're better off with the charvie.
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              I have heard the trems and pickups suck on the avengers. Hard choice for me. now if you have the previous version of the esp the m302 it would be the esp all the way, but indonesian made guitars just don't do it for me. I am no help sorry.
              Haha it's cool. I planned on switching the trem out. The ESP is actually very well made it's just the agathis doesn't do it for me..
              Gear:
              Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
              Ibanez RG320
              Ensanada Acoustic
              Peavey Bandit 112
              Soon to Be:
              Pedals!

Comment

I don't know anything about your LTD.

Some don't like that dual single coil bridge pickup combo and wish for a normal humbucker. I've never had it myself.

There was a thread a short time ago where a guy retro-fitted the dual singles into a single hum. It took routing and painting...

Comment

The Charvel will be pretty hard to find pickups for. You can probably jam a humbucker into the bridge slots, but you're either going to have to trim the tabs on the humbucker or cut out some wood.

Older Duncans will fit in the slots, as will EMG SAs, but you have to get the Duncans with the leads coming out of the end instead of the middle, which are fairly hard to find now.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

hmm.. why don't people like the sound? And what kind of sounds will the EMG sa put out?
                    Gear:
                    Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
                    Ibanez RG320
                    Ensanada Acoustic
                    Peavey Bandit 112
                    Soon to Be:
                    Pedals!

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that this really isn't worth it. I do like my ESP and it doesn't need any work right now so I'm going to back out of this trade.
                      Gear:
                      Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
                      Ibanez RG320
                      Ensanada Acoustic
                      Peavey Bandit 112
                      Soon to Be:
                      Pedals!

Comment

Back out of it? Did you already agree to the trade before researching it? I guess no harm if the other guy doesn't care, ha ha.
                        Jackson KV2
                        Jackson KE1T
                        Jackson KE1F
                        Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                          Back out of it? Did you already agree to the trade before researching it? I guess no harm if the other guy doesn't care, ha ha.
                          Yeah I sorta agreed to do it. Lucky for me I couldn't meet up with him this weekend cause I would have gone through with it. Thank you for all your help though.
                          Gear:
                          Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
                          Ibanez RG320
                          Ensanada Acoustic
                          Peavey Bandit 112
                          Soon to Be:
                          Pedals!

Comment

Yes, back out of the trade. It's not worth the $400 the guy is asking (and not worth $400 in trade value either):
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/90s-CHARVEL-JACK...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Looks like somebody moved the neck strap button location to try to balance the guitar better (they are a bit neck heavy). That's not a bad thing, but I'd prefer to use one of the neck screw locations instead of putting it on the back of the heel where your hand will run into it. I read somewhere that the bridge plate is actually a Schaller, and you can replace the non-locking saddles with OFR saddles no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X