Identify this Charvel! and help on trade PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
    Looks like somebody moved the neck strap button location to try to balance the guitar better (they are a bit neck heavy). That's not a bad thing, but I'd prefer to use one of the neck screw locations instead of putting it on the back of the heel where your hand will run into it. I read somewhere that the bridge plate is actually a Schaller, and you can replace the non-locking saddles with OFR saddles no problem.
    I've considered converting a non-locking Floyd into a double-locking version... When all is said and done, with new parts it's cost-prohibitive. (I think it came out to be more than a brand-new Schaller) You might be able to do it with mix of used parts.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
      I've considered converting a non-locking Floyd into a double-locking version... When all is said and done, with new parts it's cost-prohibitive. (I think it came out to be more than a brand-new Schaller) You might be able to do it with mix of used parts.
      Interesting. I guess if you had an old OFR with ruined knife edges but decent saddles lying around to rob parts from, it would make more sense.

Comment

Heyy that stupid hoe put it on Ebay. I originally found it on Craigslist.
        Gear:
        Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
        Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
        Ibanez RG320
        Ensanada Acoustic
        Peavey Bandit 112
        Soon to Be:
        Pedals!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          Interesting. I guess if you had an old OFR with ruined knife edges but decent saddles lying around to rob parts from, it would make more sense.
          You know, now that I look at it again, it might not be so bad, it's still a little costly though. I priced everything out on Stew-Mac. Now they have a set of Graph Tech String-Saver saddles which seem to come with the whole sha-bang for around $80. (Saddles, blocks, string lock screws) But, they're the narrow barreled string-lock screws. So to eliminate the wiggling, I'd probably opt for the wider ones.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonCharvelESP View Post
            Heyy that stupid hoe put it on Ebay. I originally found it on Craigslist.
            http://albany.craigslist.org/msg/692252305.html

Interesting the guy put it on ebay 5/29, yet didn't tell you when working a trade supposedly for the weekend.

Anyway, someone did the buy it now.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
              http://albany.craigslist.org/msg/692252305.html

Interesting the guy put it on ebay 5/29, yet didn't tell you when working a trade supposedly for the weekend.

Anyway, someone did the buy it now.
              well they can have fun with that guitar. What do you think about trading for his DKMG? Worth it?
              EDIT Nevermind he got rid of that too.
              Oh well. Anyone want to trade for a M200FM?
              Last edited by JacksonCharvelESP; 06-05-2008, 04:15 PM.
              Gear:
              Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
              Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
              Ibanez RG320
              Ensanada Acoustic
              Peavey Bandit 112
              Soon to Be:
              Pedals!

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                You know, now that I look at it again, it might not be so bad, it's still a little costly though. I priced everything out on Stew-Mac. Now they have a set of Graph Tech String-Saver saddles which seem to come with the whole sha-bang for around $80. (Saddles, blocks, string lock screws) But, they're the narrow barreled string-lock screws. So to eliminate the wiggling, I'd probably opt for the wider ones.
                Graph Tech Floyd saddles suck! They're graphite/plastic and will crack very easily if you turn the locking screws just a hair too tight. Plus, I detect no tone difference from regular steel Floyd saddles.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X