Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post

I....Envy....You....
    Just happened upon it and the price wasn't too bad at the time so I went for it. Its in ver nice shape to boot
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by wreckingcrew View Post
      I know a dude who is endorsed by Jackson, he plays in the band Zilch. they're the loudest fuckin band I've ever seen that wasn't a a national act
      Now I'm curious. How many people do Jackson actually endorse at the moment?

Comment

Man, I have endorsements from a couple of companies. It's not all that exciting. I am endorsed by a custom guitar builder and by an amp company. I still pay SOMETHING for the gear but it's CONSIDERABLY less than retail.

In turn for their generosity, we put their logo's on our ads in magazines, our website, myspace, etc. It's a business agreement.

I am still holding out for a Jackson endorsement and I will NEVER stop trying for one!!! Jackson is the only major guitar company I have no problem spending top dollar on. I love my USA's and will own them until I die!

Shit I even endorse THEM for free on my cars license plate!

Why? Because they make (IMHO) some of the finest guitars I have ever played!

Comment

I can understand how a band would jump to ESP instead of sticking with Jackson. If I were in a band struggling to make ends meet and a company said:

A. You get FREE guitars
          B. You get PAID to play these guitars

and another company said

A. You don't get free guitars
          B. Well, we'll at least give you a discount for your guitars
          C. Oh yeah, forget getting paid to play for us

I know who I would go with. As much as I like Jackson guitars they're still just pieces of wood and metal. ESP can take everything you like about the Jackson or whatever you're playing and duplicate it.
          I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

bingo. If I were in a band as more than just a hobby I would play whatever guitar made me the most money, i.e. NOT Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
              I can understand how a band would jump to ESP instead of sticking with Jackson. If I were in a band struggling to make ends meet and a company said:

A. You get FREE guitars
              B. You get PAID to play these guitars

and another company said

A. You don't get free guitars
              B. Well, we'll at least give you a discount for your guitars
              C. Oh yeah, forget getting paid to play for us

I know who I would go with. As much as I like Jackson guitars they're still just pieces of wood and metal. ESP can take everything you like about the Jackson or whatever you're playing and duplicate it.
              Depends on the artist. I have some friends endorsed by ESP, they are on a label and just toured with Ministry. They still pay a portion. We didn't get into specifics on percentage however.

Comment

I think the point of being edorsed with Jackson is...well...its Jackson!!

At the end of the day (i was discussing this with my band last night actually lol) if I go endorsed by Jackson i really wouldnt want a free guitar.
                Il tell you what i would want tho, the knowledge that Jackson, the best guitar company in the world (for me personally) have thought that i am good enough to represent them.

If they offered me something? i would say no thank you, but i would ask for a Tshirt-with the band name on the back and "jackson endorsee" on the bottem. At the end of the day i will play for jackson, if i ever got endorsed then i would continue to play Jackson, mabye with the extra exsposure we would get and then with the extra money we could make that way, i could then order my custom.

That for me is what Jackson is all about, people look at your guitar and they go..."holy shit hes playing a jackson"

Comment

Originally posted by origamikid View Post
                  I think the point of being edorsed with Jackson is...well...its Jackson!!

At the end of the day (i was discussing this with my band last night actually lol) if I go endorsed by Jackson i really wouldnt want a free guitar.
                  Il tell you what i would want tho, the knowledge that Jackson, the best guitar company in the world (for me personally) have thought that i am good enough to represent them.

If they offered me something? i would say no thank you, but i would ask for a Tshirt-with the band name on the back and "jackson endorsee" on the bottem. At the end of the day i will play for jackson, if i ever got endorsed then i would continue to play Jackson, mabye with the extra exsposure we would get and then with the extra money we could make that way, i could then order my custom.

That for me is what Jackson is all about, people look at your guitar and they go..."holy shit hes playing a jackson"
                  I agree with that but if your put on the spot it might be hard to turn down some free guitars. But I think if you were endorsed by Jackson they would still take a chunk off the cost. But I could seriously live off 3 guitars for years. And fuck sigs! Everyone would have the same guitar as you/

Didn't Alexi only play a couple Jacksons?

Comment

three guitars would be more then enough.
                    I would have 2 that i would use for live and one as a back up.
                    I dont think i would want a sig, unless it was really demanded by fans if band ever got that big.

Problem with a sig is, my sig would literally be almost stock kv1 but id make the fins not as wide lol

Comment

I would want more than 3 guitars. If you was a gun fighter you may only need 1 bullet but why take any chances? I would want at least 6 guitars, some with different tuning, definitely a Martin in the bunch and maybe a slide guitar
                      Last edited by phill_up; 06-13-2008, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Last edited by phill_up; 06-18-2008, 04:00 PM. Reason: This is an old ad I found

Comment

On the subject of signature models, aside from the "top dog" sigs like the JEM (which was merely a continuation of the mods Vai did to his Green Meanie Charvel), of all the "sig models" from other companies I've seen, I haven't seen many that have something special that separates them from the production model it's based on.

The Satch model is a Sabre with his name on it. The Vinnie Moore was a Radius. Gilbert uses a standard RG with a custom paintjob.

Even the Joe Perry "Boneyard" LP: what, a different top? Yawn.

On the other hand, things like the Kevin Bond Rhoads make me laugh, much the same way a Slash or Joe Perry Les Paul does. It's a Signature Signature model

Sig models are meaningless to me unless they have something that truly separates them from any other model in the line. The Phil Collen models (archtop and PC) are significantly different than a standard Jackson Dinky (especially the archtop) in body shape as well as cosmetic features like fretboard material (figured instead of regular), electronics (only one with the Floyd Rose Sustainor - the DK2S gets the Sustainiac), and headstock (never had a regular Jackson pointy on it - even the archtop had a rounded tip).

Then you look at the John Mayer Strat. What's it got that makes it different from any other off-the-shelf Strat? Pickups? Special wiring? A neck profile?

Yes he's sold a lot of records, but how does that justify a sig model?
                          It's a marketing ploy to keep him with Fender, and for Fender to put their logo on his photo.

I can understand that working bands have little money to splurge on gear. That's where the Professional Series comes in. You don't NEED a USA model to tour the club circuit. Yes you may prefer the USA over the import, but you also have to have the maturity to:
                          1: recognize that for what you're making in the club circuit, you can't afford 3 new USA Jacksons.
                          2: accept the fact that you can't just throw your guitar around. You have to take care of it because it's your money-maker.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

This is quite the topic ... I wish I had something to add =/
                            Last edited by Szostak; 06-18-2008, 05:34 PM.
                            DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              I can understand that working bands have little money to splurge on gear. That's where the Professional Series comes in. You don't NEED a USA model to tour the club circuit. Yes you may prefer the USA over the import, but you also have to have the maturity to:
                              1: recognize that for what you're making in the club circuit, you can't afford 3 new USA Jacksons.
                              2: accept the fact that you can't just throw your guitar around. You have to take care of it because it's your money-maker.
                              I never really thought about that but I agree. I think to some people the extra money for the difference between a USA quality Jackson over Japanese Pro Series quality Jackson is worth it but for others who are tight for cash it's not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                On the subject of signature models, aside from the "top dog" sigs like the JEM (which was merely a continuation of the mods Vai did to his Green Meanie Charvel), of all the "sig models" from other companies I've seen, I haven't seen many that have something special that separates them from the production model it's based on.

The Satch model is a Sabre with his name on it. The Vinnie Moore was a Radius. Gilbert uses a standard RG with a custom paintjob.

Even the Joe Perry "Boneyard" LP: what, a different top? Yawn.

On the other hand, things like the Kevin Bond Rhoads make me laugh, much the same way a Slash or Joe Perry Les Paul does. It's a Signature Signature model

Sig models are meaningless to me unless they have something that truly separates them from any other model in the line. The Phil Collen models (archtop and PC) are significantly different than a standard Jackson Dinky (especially the archtop) in body shape as well as cosmetic features like fretboard material (figured instead of regular), electronics (only one with the Floyd Rose Sustainor - the DK2S gets the Sustainiac), and headstock (never had a regular Jackson pointy on it - even the archtop had a rounded tip).

Then you look at the John Mayer Strat. What's it got that makes it different from any other off-the-shelf Strat? Pickups? Special wiring? A neck profile?

Yes he's sold a lot of records, but how does that justify a sig model?
                                It's a marketing ploy to keep him with Fender, and for Fender to put their logo on his photo.

About "Signature signature" models... Imo for designs that have become truly classic, like the LP and the RR, it's the design people remember, not the guy it was originally made for. Especially if it was a LONG time ago. For someone younger like me, I certainly don't associate the LP with Les Paul, hell it was a few years after I started playing, probably, that I discovered who Les Paul was!!

In my mind, Les Paul is a shape... not a guy.

The Rhoads is probably slightly different for me, since Rhoads the guy was one of my guitar heroes, but still, I would say that I associate him much more with the Concorde, white LP Custom and the Sandoval V than the current shape RR model.

Comment

Working...
                                X