Jackson Endorsements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Endorsements

I was looking around on the Jackson USA page and found this blog posted 2 days ago.

" I just wanted to put up a message to all about being endorsed by Jackson guitars. If someone wants to be a part of this family, first you must love and live Jackson! With our roster there ARE new bands who are developing a relationship with us and some that have been with us for more than 20 years! if someone wants to be endorsed for free guitars then this isn't the company for you. We are about devloping family relationships and growth. We have offices globaly and try to take care of our family everywhere. I just wanted to let the world know, those who are with us now and those who will be there tomorrow worked their asses off and believe in Jackson and being a part of the tight Jackson family. They deserve it!

Horns up!!! "

I like their attitude!

I wonder what percentage of cost an endorsee pays? Anyone know?
    www.JerryRobison.com
    '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Where is the Jackson USA page?

Comment

Originally posted by nsubulysses View Post
        Where is the Jackson USA page?
        Ahh forgot to mention that!

Myspace

The site is http://www.myspace.com/jacksonguitarsusa

Comment

Nice attitude.. But yet people wonder why all the artists have switched over to ESP and what not.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

So... what exactly is the point of being an endorsee? What do the MUSICIANS get out of the deal? Jackson gets plenty of publicity out of it, so what do they get? A "discount"? Woohoo.

Musician: "Here, Im in a nationally recognized band, Ill advertise your guitars and potentially bring in a few million in extra sales!"

J-C: "Ok great, heres 10% off coupon... youll see your guitar in about 2 years. Thanks for your patronage, Horns Up!!!"
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
              So... what exactly is the point of being an endorsee? What do the MUSICIANS get out of the deal? Jackson gets plenty of publicity out of it, so what do they get? A "discount"? Woohoo.

Musician: "Here, Im in a nationally recognized band, Ill advertise your guitars and potentially bring in a few million in extra sales!"

J-C: "Ok great, heres 10% off coupon... youll see your guitar in about 2 years. Thanks for your patronage, Horns Up!!!"
              That's definitely true... if your going to endorse someone and have them play only Jacksons they better get something good in return. I'm sure their endorsees get free guitars but just not as much as everyone else at other companies.

I guess this is good in the sense people will play Jackson for the love of the actually guitar so they have a roster of diehard Jackson people but also why bother be endorsed in the first place.

Also not all their bands are nationally recognized.
              Last edited by Seef; 06-05-2008, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
                I wonder what percentage of cost an endorsee pays? Anyone know?
                It depends on the tier level of the artist. In some cases being endorsed simply gives you exposure you wouldn't normally have. You get your stuff a little cheaper and well you get priority when you need it ..
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Just for the record, when Jackson started out, they didn't pay their endorsers and they paid for their guitars. They wanted the guitars to stand on merit ..
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I think that having artists that still play them and don't get paid to play them speaks volumes. A lot of player go where the money is and thats fine. Some folks like many different brands of guitars so they choose what they choose.

Comment

It also seems like they really want to get to know the musician also. I'd much rather deal with a company who actually cares what you think and doesn't use you as a marketing tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                        It depends on the tier level of the artist. In some cases being endorsed simply gives you exposure you wouldn't normally have. You get your stuff a little cheaper and well you get priority when you need it ..
                        couldnt have said it better myself...d.m.
                        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Sorry but to "bring in a few million in extra sales" you really need to be on the level of megadeth or more (if that's even possible with jackson) and i am pretty sure Mustaine didn't just receive a 10% coupon off. Many if not most of all the actual artist roster don't bring any additional millions to the pocket of jackson. You'll have to be realistic here i think.

Flo
                          http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

You know this has got me to thinking... Is there really anything in this world that is free? Someone would have to eventually pay for it, would it be you and I the consumer? Would it make already expensive guitars even more expensive to you and I?

Comment

Actually that conversation would go more like this:

Musician: "Here, I'm in a nationally recognized band, I'll advertise your guitars and potentially bring in a few million in extra sales if you give them to me free! Free advertising for you, free guitars for me."

J-C: "Ummm, no. If you like Jackson guitars, buy them and play them like everyone else does."
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X