No announcement yet.

Jackson Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway, that's a 2 hum Jackson strat with a rosewood board and JT6 trem which I'd say dates it to 87 / 88. The graphic is not one I've seen before but it's pretty cool. Not sure what else there is to say.

Unless of course you want to find out what it's worth. And that's difficult to say especially at the moment given the weak US economy which is causing prices to drop.

Generally speaking, among jackson guys, JT6 trems and rosewood boards with dot inlays are considered less desirable than original Floyds, maple or ebony boards, sharkfins etc. However, the graphic on that one might peek someone's interest and push the value up a bit....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

is there any way of finding an approx price. I paid £300 GB for it about 12 months ago. It needs a re-fret and a new trem unit.

Comment

thanks for your reply

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          is there any way of finding an approx price.
          Put it on ebay.

The refret and the trem issue won't help the price, but the 300 quid you paid ain't bad for that guitar. And the chances are, the trem is fine, it just needs some TLC. Even so, the JT6 isn't the best bridge in the world, so most people's preference would dicate a swap at some point...
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

NOTE: [email protected] If you want to post pics just include the link to it (from your space, photobucket or anywhere) like this [img]www.heregoesthelink.com[\img]

Hope it helps !
            sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

Sorry I messed up
              should be like this

[img]www.heregoesthelink.com[/img]

SORRY !!!
              sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

Thanks for the info, appreciate it a lot. Just curious about the price. I intend to keep the guitar,it will play really nice when I get the work done on it. Again, thanks.

Comment

Thanks, I managed to sort it.

Comment

Looks like a variation on an Escher piece, but there should be a skull in the iris. Could be factory, maybe not.

Price/value is based on 3 main factors:
                    If it's all original, including the graphic
                    Cosmetic condition - dings, swirls, etc
                    and who's buying/looking.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                    X