The magical power of Jackson Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The magical power of Jackson Guitars

Probably just a "yer we know that duh" email from a relatively newbee...but:

As everyone on this forum must have realised (because they mostly all own Jacksons (duh).

You watch Kerrang/MTV!?/Read the rock mags and save BFMV, DL and MM - nobody uses Jacksons anymore. (probably because of their lurvly endorsements deal..but that's another thread)

So you start to look at other makes like ESP, Dean which artists do use - trying to work out why they use them and to find something even remotely as interesting or as cool as a Jackson but it's not possible.

There is just something about the Jackson Guitar that you cannot put your finger on....heritage perhaps..?

IMHO Jacksons seem to be magical. They pull on you....and then even stronger when your eyes stray...

(as you can tell im bored at work today....)

So true. My Les Paul Standard sits in its case, my Jacksons are out in the open. Am I worried about the LP getting damaged? Nope. Already got a few battle scars on it. Is it simply because I love my Jacksons? Yup.

Still can't bring myself to part with the LP, though

But, to misquote Scarlet O'Hara: I'll never be Jacksonless again!
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc,
      Same here. I have a 1980 Gibson Flying V that I love and is probably worth almost $1800. But, it sits out in the open for my kids to hit or the dogs to whack. The JACKSONs are safely stored in their cases until it is time to play.
      The quality, feel, and sound of a Jackson is in my opinion very easy to distinguish. I have played many high end ESPs and Deans and thought they played horribly. In their defense, it was in a music store and the action was about 3 inches off the fretboard and the pickups were recessed. Don't store owners check set-ups?
      As far as the endorsement deal goes, I don't really buy into it. I am a huge Michael Schenker fan. I do play Flying V type guitars exclusively. But I have no desire to buy a Dean and I really would never buy a new Gibson again. Once I got use to playing a V, all other guitars feel different.

Comment

I'm not bothered about endorsements. I play a WR1 because it feels comfortable, solid and looks good.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
          But, it sits out in the open for my kids to hit or the dogs to whack.
          Ahhh, you are trying to relic it to make it worth more

Comment

I guess I missed out on trying different brands of guitars. I started out on a MusicMan StingRay Bass, then bought my 1st six string which was a brand new White Fender Heavy Metal Strat loaded with a Dimarzio and a Kahler Tremolo. Then bought a Japanese charvel for a beater but ended up liking it better than the HM Strat so I sold the Strat and have been playing Jacksons and Charvels ever since

Oh yeah... I didnt get paid to say that

Comment

I've tried Gibson's ( Play em A lot ), Fenders ( Own one ), PRS, Epiphones, Squirers, ( Low End ) BC Rich. The only guitar I've never played is an actual ESP that's not LTD.

I'm stuck with my V now. It's only an RR3 and I still love how the body fits and how nice the neck is.

Comment

Nothing say Kick Ass Metal Shreddin' like sharkfin inlays! You can see them from the back of the room! For some reason, to me, whenever I see a band live and the guitar player comes out with a Jackson, I have hope that the band will jam!

Comment

Too my eyes Jackson's are sexy ! Sleek, sharp looking... Just all around sexy.
                  I like a lot of guitars... LP's, USA Fender's... some of the Deans look cool... (never played one...) But since about 1986-ish when I first saw my first Charvel add... white model 4... innovative guitar of the year... or somethin... I've been hooked... Nothing compares to J/C guitars... They look 'hot'... They look loud and fast... I still have some of those old Charvel adds... 'Setting the standard...'

Man I'm old.

Oh yeah, they feel good too...
                  Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I'd like to think that the money not going to endorsees goes to making better product...

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      Ahhh, you are trying to relic it to make it worth more
                      Great business idea!!!! Someone tell Fender to send over a shit load of strats. I'll fire up the Belgian Malinois, Doberman, and 7 year old nicknamed "El Diablo". I figure I can relic 25 a week. Bring'em on Fender!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iced_earth View Post
                        I'd like to think that the money not going to endorsees goes to making better product...
                        ...rather than to finance a sweatshop in Indonesia that churns out cheap imitations of endorsed artist models like Ibenhad, ESPee, Dean, etc etc.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
                          Nothing say Kick Ass Metal Shreddin' like sharkfin inlays! You can see them from the back of the room! For some reason, to me, whenever I see a band live and the guitar player comes out with a Jackson, I have hope that the band will jam!
                          I feel the same way! When I see a band come out with Jacksons I have high hopes that they will smoke! I own a few of several other brands such as Gibson, Fender, ESP, Ibanez, Ernie Ball, but nothing comes close to my Jacksons in feel and looks. I think they are head and shoulders above the others. I now have a hard time justifying buying any other brands because I figure thats money that could otherwise go towards buying more Jacksons
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Another great guitar I ve got I cant depart with is a Cort Viva Gold II I know is not supposed to be anywhere near as good. But I don't know is it's just a rarety or they make really good guitars. The only thing is that they could have better stock pickups but thats a minor detail. Few brands have stock pickups as good as Jackson (I know that iabnez dont, at least the ones I ve had, I supose Vai's ibanez has great pups).

Well enought I driffted !
                            jajaa
                            sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

Well imo Jacksons are just what they should be, if you try too hard to do something the result will probably not be great, that's what I feel about other brands B.C. Rich, Dean etc. Esp doesn't even try to create something so it's not even subject to talk..

Whoever designed those Jacksons we love probably did it just the way they felt and they sure were metalheads! (yeah I know who designed most of them ) That's how I feel about Jacksons, when I look at a Kv, RR or a Kelly I don't see something "designed to be metal" instead I see something that's purely metal..

Besides when I look at a let's say SLATQH I also think it's what it should be, I don't know the word that can describe it as precisely as "metal" describes an RR but you probably got me
                              Check my bands!
                              www.myspace.com/magicktr
                              www.myspace.com/sinif64
                              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                              X