The magical power of Jackson Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
    Nothing say Kick Ass Metal Shreddin' like sharkfin inlays! You can see them from the back of the room! For some reason, to me, whenever I see a band live and the guitar player comes out with a Jackson, I have hope that the band will jam!
    so just imagine the look of the disappointment on the punters' faces while I'm butchering classic rock covers on my yellow Fusion at our pub gig last Sunday.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      I'm not bothered about endorsements. I play a WR1 because it feels comfortable, solid and looks good.
      +1 Me too! Hell, nobody famous ever played those.

Comment

Magic that's probably it, everytime I try another of my guitars I put it away quick ang go for my #1 Soloist.

Comment

I never felt Jackson guitars were "magic". I just thought that ALL of thier models looked cool: shape-wise and paintjob-wise. I don't feel that way mostly about other guitar's based on looks alone. That's why I play Jackson's, that and they actually are built for my playing style.

Comment

Simply because of the quality.
            Jacksons are superior to almost anythng in quality imo.
            It was just a coinsidence that I picked up my first jackson, but now I'm sold to them forever
            Still thinks my Y2KV is the greatest guitar I've played.
            thought so about my KE-2 too, until I got the Y2KV.
            Own 3 Jacks now, and there are more to come!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              +1 Me too! Hell, nobody famous ever played those.
              Except Trey Azagthoth, Metal Mike Chlasiak, and..........hmmmm. SOMEBODY had to play them, otherwise they wouldn't be a production model
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                I guess I missed out on trying different brands of guitars. I started out on a MusicMan StingRay Bass, then bought my 1st six string which was a brand new White Fender Heavy Metal Strat loaded with a Dimarzio and a Kahler Tremolo. Then bought a Japanese charvel for a beater but ended up liking it better than the HM Strat so I sold the Strat and have been playing Jacksons and Charvels ever since

Oh yeah... I didnt get paid to say that
                Now that you mention it, I've never owned more than one brand of guitar at one time. I also find that demoing guitars in a shop is not ideal for me, because they don't have the same equipment let alone the same FX patch settings I use. I tend to look for discrepancies like paint/finish issues, scratchy pots, neck/string problems in addition to how the guitar feels and looks. In fact, the only brand I've found that makes it sound immediately different from others is Fender. I generally don't go for all-single coil config'd guitars anyway.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I couldn't agree more with the opening statement of this thread - there's something about Jacksons that's hard ot put Your finger on. I've done the exact same thing, surfed around on a lot of different websites and really tried, tried to get excite and get some GAS building on primarily an ESP, but I just can't do it... It's not the same.
                  - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

This is so true. Its been close to a year since I bought my first Jackson (played my brother RG270 before that). I decided it was time for an upgrade, so I went to GC to figure out what I wanted.

First thing I played was a dinky (had to go after Jackson cause of Savatage), but I really didn't like the neck joint (I didn't really know about bolt-on vs. neck thru at the time). I decided then that I would not buy a Jackson.

After a week or two I went back and was sold on an LTD something, so I was just figuring out what I wanted for pickups - duncans or emgs. Pretty much the only guitar there with real duncans was an RR5. So I grabbed it as my "duncan" guitar, sure I wouldn't get it (it also had 22 frets which was a HUGE no no for me, I had to have 24!). Even as awkward as it is to play an RR with no strap sitting down, I instantly knew this was the guitar I was getting. LTD what!? It played and sounded so awesome, and you can't argue with the look!

I quickly got over the 22 fret idea, and actually prefer it to 24 now. Something about that guitar was just perfect to me.

So after a few weeks of ebay watching I scored my first nice guitar, and my first Jackson.
                    Last edited by thebigz; 06-21-2008, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I do what my orange soloist tells me to....I do what my orange soloist tells me to.....
                      www.JerryRobison.com
                      '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Although I've owned a few different brands, the only other guitar that has stayed with me is my fender strat. Everything else has parted ways. Now I'm just down to my dk1 and the strat, and have another dk1 on the way. I am also seeing a soloist in my future.

It always came down to the feel and sound of the guitar. I didn't care for the kramer I had back in the day, which was the only other guitar I considered keeping because of the look. I love the feel of my strat, and the DiMarzio super distorter in it sounds fantastic. The EMG's in the DK1 are awesome distorted, but I think I need to figure out how to tweak my tone to get a clean sound I'm happy with...but I'll keep working at it.
                        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Working...
                        X