Hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

I just wanted to introduce myself...new member here.
    I've been visiting this forum everyday for the last year or so and I said to myself, it's time to register

I started playing guitar again a little less than a year ago and I always wanted a Jackson since I was little. I scored my first Jackson off ebay last year for around 100 bucks, but it needed some TLC. It's a Professional Kelly standard, nothing fancy. I restrung it, leveled out the tremolo, bought a new nut for it and that's about it. Later on, I installed a Dimarzio x2n instead of the stock pickup, and damn what a difference! It's still my favorite guitar even though it's kinda beat up.

Then last week, I bought a white (looks kinda off white/cream now) Charvel Model 6 with Emg's off some guy on Craigslist. $350 shipped with the chainsaw case included and the old Jackson pickups with the midboost thing. Hell, the guy even threw in 5 sets of strings. This thing is FLAWLESS, only like the smallest scratch on it and the frets look brand new. The trem doesn't look all rusted compared to some that I've seen either.

Anyways, I'm glad to be part of this forum
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Kelly Professional Standard
    Randall RG75 G3

First, welcome to JCF. Second, the Charvel Model 6 may be an import but its a top notch axe! I bought one new back in the late 80's myself. I was not a fan of the Jackson pickups even with the mid boost so I swapped them out for EMG's instead
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Welcome, as a Mod 6 owner myself I can second Rudy's opinion of them, great guitars and you got that one at a decent price.

Someone will be along soon to demand pics.
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Welcome and congrats. Model 6s are great guitars and you got yours at an excellent price. I have 2 of them and have been keeping my eye out for others, espcially a white one. Enjoy it.

Comment

Soulreaper, huh? By any chance a fan of Dissection?

A former bandmate of mine had a Model 6 about ten years back, and that was a nice guitar. Unfortunately, he didn't take good care of it, so all the hardware was rusted and the finish dinged up a bit, but it was quite a metal machine. As for me, I own several imports from the same era as yours and love `em.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
            Soulreaper, huh? By any chance a fan of Dissection?

A former bandmate of mine had a Model 6 about ten years back, and that was a nice guitar. Unfortunately, he didn't take good care of it, so all the hardware was rusted and the finish dinged up a bit, but it was quite a metal machine. As for me, I own several imports from the same era as yours and love `em.
            Yup, you're right. Dissection is one of my favorites.

Anyways, here are some pictures. Sorry about the quality. I'm using a cellphone since my camera crapped out and I'm not a pro on taking pictures. Oh and I forgot to mention the Kelly has some crappy looking inlays.

Charvel Model 6
            Randall RG75 G3

Comment

Congrats man great axes !
              sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

Are the inlays stickers?

Great guitars, btw. I'm a huge Kelly fan, and used to own a Model 6 as well - primo guitar!

Comment

Thanks everyone! That Model 6 is killer, I just needed to get a little used to it since I'm used to the low profile tremolo on the Kelly.

Yes the inlays are some sort of decal/vinyl. There's an ebay store for them, they have different designs I think. The reason I bought them was because I like the way the KBRR fretboard looks. They're holding up so far. I've had em for a couple of months. I just had to sharpie in the original dot inlays.

Like I said earlier though, call me crazy, but for some reason I like the way the Kelly sounds over the Model. The Charvel is my first guitar with active pickups and I found the 81 a bit harsh/shrill sounding compared to the x2n. Is the Emg 85 a better pickup? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
                  Charvel Model 6
                  Randall RG75 G3

Comment

Working...
                  X