This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
    Nice guitars, too bad they all have Floyds. A Vtrem or fixed bridge model would be great, I'd buy 2.
    Cool guitars, but I personally wouldn't want a floyd I couldn't pull up on. I think a fixed bridge model would be great, also. In fact, you and this thread have given me an idea for my next warmoth build.
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

You will be able to pull up on the Floyd... Just like the Model 2, 4, 6, itll be a top mount... you may not be able to pull back a TON, but you should be able to get a full step out of it.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

It depends on how they set them up. My pointy has a 42mm block and quite a bit of neck tilt so the trem sits high off the body. I can pull up 1 1/2 steps steps on it. My strathead came with a 37mm block and less neck tilt so the trem sits lower and I get much less pullup. I plan on putting in a longer block & shimming the neck.

Comment

I want one of each!

Very cool; Teles with HBs and Floyds are excellent!

Comment

Its a hot rod guitar, I applaud the Floyd! As others stated you can still pull up on a surface mounted Floyd anyway.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Anyone know if there's going to be a H-S version?
              "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

well these are great! thank you JCMI and FMIC for listening and delivering on what looks to be some cool guitars.

gotta figure out what to sell now, to get one of these.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

So this naturally begs the question - what about other Charvel shapes? Strathead Stars, maybe?
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Oh man, this is what I've been hoping for all along!
                    The current strength of the Pound against the Dollar makes these a very reasonable price too.
                    Now what have I got that I can sell.....?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      If I were an FMIC official, that would be extremely insulting to me. Hell, I'm not even employed by them or any subsidiary and I find it highly insulting.
                      Are you saying that FMIC's leadership has resulted in diddly-squat up until today? I can understand fanboyism, and zealotry, but IMO you go too far with that comment.

They have been just killing Charvel in the last few years(even tough it was already half-dead). This last thing's one of the few good things that they've done about Charvel.
                      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                        They have been just killing Charvel in the last few years(even tough it was already half-dead). This last thing's one of the few good things that they've done about Charvel.
                        i would be inclined to agree with that

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                          Charvel was killed off by Jackson's redundancy. Once they started putting Jackson logos on the import Charvel models (Fusion, 650, etc) and they beefed them up with ebony boards, MOP, and all the other good stuff in 1990, the Charvel line lost its biggest attractions to Jackson.

Plus they lost the Strathead battle, so there was no need to keep the Charvel name on what were essentially Jackson models.

Not to mention Jackson was getting more business than Charvel, plus Wayne Charvel was almost assuredly getting residual business from Jackson's work simply because of the Charvel logo ("Hey, these Charvels rock - maybe Wayne Charvel can make me a Custom Shop...") etc etc, when they were actually made long after Wayne was out and freelancing for Gibson.

AMIC had more to do with the death of the Charvel brand than FMIC's Anti-Strathead/Anti-Strat-copy position, but also was responsible for the 90/91 Jackson Pros and their high quality.

But it seems you're forgetting a few things:

FMIC tried to capture the essence of the original Charvels with the Retro series aimed at collectors willing to pay $3000+ for one-hum v-trem wonders that looked like the coveted San Dimas models.

That was great in '79 when EVH was the hot new thing, but such a product is totally retarded in today's market. Limited functionality, and limited appeal, as evidenced by their sales (or lack thereof).

So yes, one strike against Fender for that.

Then, FMIC put out a USA pointyhead production line that was more in keeping with the functionality required to survive in today's market (more than one pickup, Floyds), and also brought in EVH to generate interest in the brand again. Though I thought the non-EVH USA models were a bit pricey, many people jumped at them.

EVH originally did for Charvel (and then Kramer, and then Ernie Ball, and then Peavey) what Rhoads did for Jackson: pushed the brand into the spotlight. FMIC knew he could do it again. They both cashed in on the 20+ year-long fanboy replica market with the EVH Art Series, and now they're confident enough in the brand name to actually release a USA Charvel production line.

Based on those last two important factors, I fail to see how FMIC have killed Charvel since the takeover.

They know the Charvel snobs are picky bitches, and that nothing they do will appease all 50 of them. I don't think they're trying to please the snobs with this run, and quite frankly, it's about time someone stopped trying to kiss their ass and just put out a solid product with the Charvel name on it.

For those crying about brass v-trems and other "just like when I was a baby in 1980" options: how many Retros, 25th Anniversary, or pointyhead USA models did you buy? None? Then why should these be any different?

If you didn't drop the coin for the Retros, the 25th, the EVH, or the pointy USA Charvel run, then FMIC doesn't expect you to pony up the greenbacks for these.
                          Instead, they expect you to sit here and cry about the lack of v-trems, too many pickups, and the available colors.

You are not counted as "customers" to them, and are therefore irrelevant.
                          Last edited by Newc; 06-16-2008, 07:20 AM.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

+1

as a buyer of one the first v-trem pointies that FMIC had a hand in, i'll tell you this....it played and felt AWESOME, but it wasn't functional for my playing style. i ended up trading Shawn (who is more of a collector than a player) for his euphoria PC-1. i was happy, he was happy.

for those wanting the brass v-trem, they are a lot floating around that are INCREDIBLE, AMAZING instruments, go find one on e-bay!!!

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

SWEET i will be ordering one. i hope they will do other pickup configs tho.

Comment

""""They know the Charvel snobs are picky bitches, and that nothing they do will appease all 50 of them. I don't think they're trying to please the snobs with this run, and quite frankly, it's about time someone stopped trying to kiss their ass and just put out a solid product with the Charvel name on it.

For those crying about brass v-trems and other "just like when I was a baby in 1980" options: how many Retros, 25th Anniversary, or pointyhead USA models did you buy? None? Then why should these be any different?

If you didn't drop the coin for the Retros, the 25th, the EVH, or the pointy USA Charvel run, then FMIC doesn't expect you to pony up the greenbacks for these.
                                Instead, they expect you to sit here and cry about the lack of v-trems, too many pickups, and the available colors.

You are not counted as "customers" to them, and are therefore irrelevant.""

I agree. I did buy the GTRXpress bull and still have it, I bought a Solar and still have it, I bought a 1 hum pointy production and still have it, have a model series, anniversary series, SD Koa, and will soon have one of the new ones. I have multiple SD jacksons and Charvels as well as some Ontario Jacksons. I am a fan, will always be a fan.

I am honest with myself. If i like it and it plays well I own it. I fail to see all the issues most folks have and are vocal about. Maybe they have serious issues, I dont. As for the 50 die hard fans - go away your day is over, you dont spend money on this stuff anymore stop the whining and leave the people with money alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X